Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    English Language & Screen Studies going into clearing?

I'm worried.

ReputationRep:
    If not that, a similar combination will no doubt come up. Can you do Screen/Film Studies as a single honours degree? If so, that'll certainly go into clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    What makes a course go into clearing? If it's quite unpopular?

ReputationRep:
    If they haven't filled the places - so, if people miss their offers, or if they just haven't found enough applicants who meet their requirements.

take a look at UCAS extra, is the course available there? If it's not, it's unlikely it'll be in clearing - unless a lot of people miss their offers.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! So this tells you all of the places that could go into clearing?

I didn't know they were allowed to do that until results day! :O

ReputationRep:
    oh, no, but if I place isn't offering courses through extra then that'd suggest that they have given out enough offers to fill the places. If something is in extra, it's more likely it'll be in clearing, but that's certainly not definite.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misskittycat)
    Ahh right, thank you!
    I've got an unconditional for English Language and Screen Studies; you're the first person that I have heard mention the course :]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.