Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are female members of TSR offended by men who want to marry a virgin woman Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why are female members of TSR offended by men who want to marry a virgin woman. I recently read a thread where a man was dicsussing how he only wanted a virgin wife and many of the women in the thread atatcked him personally and insulted him, they claimed the idea of a wanting a virgin wife was wrong.
    Their attitude suggested that any man who considered the idea of his wife sleeping with other men before marriage as bad was a horrible person.

A curious position these women took was that they were defending a righteous cause and that this guy was a mysogonist. This is curious because they are basically defending the right for a woman to sleep around and then want to get married, how is sleeping around any sort of righteous cause.
    I think deep down all men want a wife who is untouched and bot been with any other men, otherwise i question why they don't let their wives sleep around after they are married.

Another notion they believed was that is is morally wrong for a man to want a virgin wife if he has had sex. This idea annoys me, even if a man has had sex he may still want a wife who has been untouched by any other man and there is nothing wrong with this. I understand these sex positive feminists goal in life is make it acceptable for women to be sluts, however many people will not accept this and rightfully call them what they are.

I have had sex before and when i ge married i will want to marry a virgin wife. I think feminists need to shut their traps and get a life, they will probably never get amrried anyway because no men want a feminist or a slut.

ReputationRep:
    Nice sweeping generalisation there! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    are they:curious:

ReputationRep:
    If a man wants a virgin wife, he should at least have the decency to remain a virgin himself.

ReputationRep:
    i can understand it but i do think its slightly hypocrytical though especially if he's not a virgin...do they think that a girl thats had sex before marriage is a ****??!?!

ReputationRep:
    Because they're tighter than me :sad:
    Oh please, this thread seems rather weird so I'm just adding to its nonsense. Who are these members? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    If a man wants a virgin wife, he should at least have the decency to remain a virgin himself.
    exactly

(Original post by TheJudge)
    Why are female members of TSR offended by men who want to marry a virgin woman. I recently read a thread where a man was dicsussing how he only wanted a virgin wife and many of the women in the thread atatcked him personally and insulted him, they claimed the idea of a wanting a virgin wife was wrong.
    Their attitude suggested that any man who considered the idea of his wife sleeping with other men before marriage as bad was a horrible person.

A curious position these women took was that they were defending a righteous cause and that this guy was a mysogonist. This is curious because they are basically defending the right for a woman to sleep around and then want to get married, how is sleeping around any sort of righteous cause.
    I think deep down all men want a wife who is untouched and bot been with any other men, otherwise i question why they don't let their wives sleep around after they are married.

Another notion they believed was that is is morally wrong for a man to want a virgin wife if he has had sex. This idea annoys me, even if a man has had sex he may still want a wife who has been untouched by any other man and there is nothing wrong with this. I understand these sex positive feminists goal in life is make it acceptable for women to be sluts, however many people will not accept this and rightfully call them what they are.

I have had sex before and when i ge married i will want to marry a virgin wife. I think feminists need to shut their traps and get a life, they will probably never get amrried anyway because no men want a feminist or a slut.
    You went downhill in your argument there. If a woman required the same thing of a man, how would you react to that? And for christ's sake, stop assuming women who have slept around a lot or want equal right/end sexism will never get married. If you go around saying stuff like that, YOU will never get married.

ReputationRep:
    we do? Oh crap - ya caught me out thanks for clearing that up for me skipper - im off to go bags me a nun.

No bloody thank you - give me a woman who knows what shes doing rather than one who doesnt

ReputationRep:
    Because then they'd all remain unmarried and lonely

ReputationRep:
    If a man isn't a virgin himself and still wants a virgin wife there is something wrong with that. If a woman hasn't slept with anybody, maybe she wants a man who hasn't been sticking it in other women.
    Also, there is a difference between being a slut and not being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Why does a penis in a vagina bare so much significance?

ReputationRep:
    I think its OK if a man wants to marry a virgin, even if he has slept around..its just a preference that he would want to marry a virgin, as long as the women doesn't mind that he is not a virgin and she is.

However, I think it would be silly to disregard marrying a women who isn't a virgin if you love her though.

What I would like to know is...OP, what would you think of a women who was not a virgin yet insisted that her husband was?

EDIT: Also, do you want to marry a virgin, because you are insecure about your sexual performance, and you don't want your virgin wife to know what she is missing out on?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you ever want to marry someone, only to find out she will be crap in bed, and your quite probably incompatible in the sack. I want a girl with some tricks up her...........

ReputationRep:
    I dont know why you would want to marry a virgin. It seems a bit creepy to me. And why are you bothered? Virginity isnt exacly valuable, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

For me, it's nothing to do with feminism, it's the idea that we can't be equal. It's the inequality that annoys me, a man can sleep around but he will ONLY settle for a virgin. How unfair is this?

It's understandable to a degree if a male (virgin, or not) wants to marry a woman that HASN'T sleep around, i.e. has only had sexual relations with someone she has cared deeply for, and not some random in a toilet cubicle. This however brings an entirely different matter into the question, surely you should love someone for who they are and not what they've done? Yes, they've slept around, but if they've changed the error of their ways, then what's wrong with that?

It's as if woman can NEVER do ANYTHING right, and it really frustrates me. One minute we're far too feminist, the next we're all a pack of sluts, and then oh wait, we're not good enough.

Oh, and no, I'm not a feminist. Nor am I a slut (virgin to be precise, happy?), and I don't share any of your ridiculous views.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is terrifying for every virgin till marriage haha
    i agree that if a man wants a virgin wife he should stay one himself, otherwise thats kind of unfair and hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    we do? Oh crap - ya caught me out thanks for clearing that up for me skipper - im off to go bags me a nun.

No bloody thank you - give me a woman who knows what shes doing rather than one who doesnt
    This argument has always puzzled me.....

If thats how you truly feel. Let your wife practise her sex techniques with me after you are married than she can please you even better....

Would you agree to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Because they're tighter than me :sad:
    So your loose now? :p:

OP are you a muslim by any chance?

I think its fair that you want a virgin wife, if you yourself are a virgin too, otherwise it seems a bit unfair no...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    This ^^^^

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.