Turn on thread page Beta

Help was wondering how you become a magistrate watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently I am studying law and I am aware it is harder to get training contracts/. So I was wondering I probably would need experience one of those ways is through becomming a magistrates...So was wondering how do I go about it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anybody can apply to become a magistrate but whether you're actually given the position is another matter altogether. There are a lot of things which you must be able to demonstate and I'm not sure that you would able to do this given that you'd be "fresh-out-of-uni." You can visit this site here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...rate/DG_071395 for further information and to download an application form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    Anybody can apply to become a magistrate but whether you're actually given the position is another matter altogether. There are a lot of things which you must be able to demonstate and I'm not sure that you would able to do this given that you'd be "fresh-out-of-uni." You can visit this site here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...rate/DG_071395 for further information and to download an application form.
    I am still in university, and would like to continue with that. I thought the magistrates would be a part time thing...could you explain to me how I can go about that?

ReputationRep:
    It is a part time think, but what Mr Deeds is saying is that you need life experience to be one and it is unlikely you have it.

Furthermore, how do you think being a Magistrate would aid a training contract application - especially when one of the terms of office is that you must not seek to gain personal benefit from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    It is a part time think, but what Mr Deeds is saying is that you need life experience to be one and it is unlikely you have it.

Furthermore, how do you think being a Magistrate would aid a training contract application - especially when one of the terms of office is that you must not seek to gain personal benefit from it.

oh....I dont anyone to be honest who is a barrister or solicitor...I am worried about getting contracts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    oh....I dont anyone to be honest who is a barrister or solicitor...I am worried about getting contracts...
    What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks)
    What does this mean?
    Shall we have a sweepstake?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It means that he doesn't know anyone who is a barrister or a solicitor and is worried about getting a training contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    It means that he doesn't know anyone who is a barrister or a solicitor and is worried about getting a training contract.
    Aaaaah.

ReputationRep:
    any advice then?

ReputationRep:
    You have the answer at post 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    You have the answer at post 2.
    i know, i am grateful for that post...I am in uni atm starting second year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 7, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.