The Student Room Group
Reply 1
:bump:
Will you not get a student card from your exchange uni? I've just come back from my year abroad and we got a normal student card from the host uni which I used the entire time I needed to get student discount anywhere. As far as I'm aware for ISIC you just need proof you're a student, so your matric card from uni will do fine.
Reply 3
sailawayhoney
Is it worth getting an ISIC card (I'm studying abroad in France next year)? I think my uni advised me to get one as proof of being a student or something.
For proof of birth to apply for it, I know you can use your drivers' licence - I only have a provisional licence, will this do?

I'm not sure about this year but last year's NUS card was an ISIC card as well.Might be worth looking into.:smile:
Edit: link http://portal.kb.nus.org.uk/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=1209
Reply 4
oxymoronic
Will you not get a student card from your exchange uni? I've just come back from my year abroad and we got a normal student card from the host uni which I used the entire time I needed to get student discount anywhere. As far as I'm aware for ISIC you just need proof you're a student, so your matric card from uni will do fine.

I guess that I will get one but I'm not sure, I just remember being advised at uni here by someone to get one.

Aimee91
I'm not sure about this year but last year's NUS card was an ISIC card as well.Might be worth looking into.:smile:
Edit: link http://portal.kb.nus.org.uk/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=1209

Thanks for that! Looks as if you can now add it on to your NUS extra card so I might just do that.
Reply 5
sailawayhoney
Thanks for that! Looks as if you can now add it on to your NUS extra card so I might just do that.

They didn't have an ISIC on the NUS Extra card for 2008/2009 (although they had one for 2007/2008). I didn't have any problems getting student discounts when I went to France recently though with just the NUS Extra card, and my friends (most of whom had only the university ID card) didn't have a problem either.

Latest

Trending

Trending