Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Masturbation and whether or not it weakens. Watch

Hi, just wondering how often it is for guys say in their teens and early 20's to ejaculate...does it not become unhealthy after a certain frequency??

Secondly has anyone ever been affected mentally by it the day after or immediately after...headaches, longer recall times or inability to concentrate well?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    has anyone ever been affected mentally by it the day after or immediately after...headaches, longer recall times or inability to concentrate well?
    It shouldn't really give you headaches; it can actually help cure headaches insofar as it can be both relaxing and a good way to relieve tension. If anything, it's actually good for your health and is thought to reduce the likelihood of prostate cancer. I think you're worrying too much - maybe this is the cause of your headaches/ lack of concentration? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Everyones different, just do it when you want to and can? It's perfectly normal. Sometimes you can get relief headaches afterward though if your trying particularly hard.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Sometimes you can get relief headaches afterward though if your trying particularly hard.
    That makes sense actually. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it is tiring after a while. Another way of looking at it is that it's good exercise lol, as is sex. Overall it's generally considered to be healthy. It also improves your chances of conceiving through sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    That makes sense actually. :p:
    Yeh obviously i'm not a guy but I know it can happen to girls too. :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Yeh obviously i'm not a guy but I know it can happen to girls too. :o:
    I'm not even going to ask :p:!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even going to ask :p:!
    I'm glad :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Obviously it is tiring after a while. Another way of looking at it is that it's good exercise lol, as is sex. Overall it's generally considered to be healthy. It also improves your chances of conceiving through sex.
    My right bicep is reet stacked

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't really give you headaches; it can actually help cure headaches insofar as it can be both relaxing and a good way to relieve tension. If anything, it's actually good for your health and is thought to reduce the likelihood of prostate cancer. I think you're worrying too much - maybe this is the cause of your headaches/ lack of concentration? :p:

"Masturbation more than once a week in the 20s, 30s and 40s age categories was associated with increased risk of prostate cancer compared to never masturbating."

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/01Januar...atecancer.aspx

Ooooooh I don't know about that one...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)
    "Masturbation more than once a week in the 20s, 30s and 40s age categories was associated with increased risk of prostate cancer compared to never masturbating."

That's the opposite of what I've always heard. Regardless, I don't think the connection, if it exists, is completely understand right now.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't do ANYTHING bad to you. Unless you are religious, in which case god will either strike you down or you will feel very guilty.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm...some topic this one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)

"Associated with" does not mean "causes." It's quite possible that frequent masturbation and increased risk of prostrate cancer are both caused by higher testosterone levels (which results in a higher sex drive).

ReputationRep:
    it's the greatest stress reliever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eradicus)
    it's the greatest stress reliever
    arguable...haha....

ReputationRep:
    I've also read the opposite - ie. that masturbating actually decreases the risk of cancer :s

Anyway - the headaches, i'm not to sure about, but the lack of focus etc has been proven.

Whenever you ejaculate you release your testosterone (quite literally haha ) - and so for the next week or so you have a depleted level of it. I think it takes like 9 days of not ejaculating (or something like that) to get back to your higher levels of testosterone. With lower levels of testosterone it takes longer to focus etc.

Can't be assed finding the study, google it if you're that interested

ReputationRep:
    Im sure I remember reading about it increasing concentration levels afterwoods aswell.

ReputationRep:
    It does imply over 50s may have a reduced risk...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.