Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend's birthday present. Watch

Anon because he uses this!
    Hello!

I was wondering if somebody could help me out I'm trying to get my boyfriend a present for his 18th birthday.

He likes sciency stuff, wants to be an engineer, loves his guitar....*tries to think what else*

So yeah, any tips would be great

(not too pricey!)

ReputationRep:
    Guitar polish.

ReputationRep:
    Show him a bit of chemistry :awesome:

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Show him a bit of chemistry :awesome:
    :p: haha i must say that made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    A meccano set and plectrums with different pics of you on them.

£22.99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

He likes sciency stuff, wants to be an engineer, loves his guitar....*tries to think what else*
    Yeah, if by chance he was to read this he wouldn't have guessed :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    a microscope

(Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yeah, if by chance he was to read this he wouldn't have guessed :rolleyes:
    He hasn't got internet access for the next few weeks and I'm pretty sure this thread would have faded away by then

oh and also, when I say science I actually mean physics and maths....(i.e. weird subjects...*gets ready to be attacked*)

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much money you are looking to spend
    a nice quality delay pedal and an extra lead for his guitar is something he might like
    or
    a robot. a robot building kit
    yeeeah

ReputationRep:
    How much do you want to spend?

ReputationRep:
    a bomb? :P:

ReputationRep:
    Surely you should know as his girlfriend?

He'll like anything as long as it is from you, not helpful for suggestions but you know him better than we ever will.

ReputationRep:
    If he's a sciency type of guy, there's a good chance he'll like some sort of electronic gadget which comes with a million features and require long manual books to operate :p:
    That, or you could just please the guy in bed. Honestly you girls try way too hard when it comes to picking gifts, when in reality you can offer something so much better and it won't cost you a penny*

*excluding costs of contraceptive devices :awesome:

(Original post by Psycho0101)
    How much do you want to spend?
    Around the £25 mark...

ReputationRep:
    Around the £25 mark...
    25 quid for a boyfriend? :confused:

I know that it's the thought that counts etc but isn't that being a little cheap?

ReputationRep:
    What about an engraved guitar pick http://www.silverpicks.co.uk/ you could get it engraved with a song lyric or something personal to you two? plus its something he could keep since its his 18th.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I was wondering if somebody could help me out I'm trying to get my boyfriend a present for his 18th birthday.

So yeah, any tips would be great

(not too pricey!)
    show him your birthday suit

I know that it's the thought that counts etc but isn't that being a little cheap?
    Damn.

I suppose you're right. I could push it up a bit

ReputationRep:

Totally agree with you, if a guy was to spent that amount on his girlfriend, he would have recieved a all sorts of devious looks from her. Girls get away with everything :mad: Us guys may not show it but we like to recieve good gifts too dammit :stomp:

(Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Totally agree with you, if a guy was to spent that amount on his girlfriend, he would have recieved a all sorts of devious looks from her. Girls get away with everything :mad: Us guys may not show it but we like to recieve good gifts too dammit :stomp:
    Point taken.

SORRY :eek3:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.