Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend's birthday present. watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    this maybe? http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/toys-...kit/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Totally agree with you, if a guy was to spent that amount on his girlfriend, he would have recieved a all sorts of devious looks from her. Girls get away with everything :mad: Us guys may not show it but we like to recieve good gifts too dammit :stomp:
    Haha. With most girls today, anything less than a really expensive watch, perfume or bag would mean serious trouble. :p:

My friend gifted his gf a high-end car for her birthday. Luckily, she wasn't with him solely for his money (quite rare today).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Point taken.

SORRY :eek3:
    It was sarcasm (though I really do agree with the point made about the budget). I was actually trying to throw a tantrum like girls do :laugh: I guess it's more obvious when done in real life.
    Anyway, £25 is okayish, depends on the relationship aswell, if you've been together for a month then it's fine. If it's been a year, step it up girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Point taken.

SORRY :eek3:
    Just because some of us have said that it is quite a small amount doesn't mean that you should stretch yourself too much.

Go a little out of your way but get something that you can afford.

ReputationRep:
    It was sarcasm (though I really do agree with the point made about the budget). I was actually trying to throw a tantrum like girls do :laugh: I guess it's more obvious when done in real life.
    Anyway, £25 is okayish, depends on the relationship aswell, if you've been together for a month then it's fine. If it's been a year, step it up girl!
    I agree with this to some degree... but you have to live within your means. if the OP cant afford more than £25 then im sure her bf will understand. when i was 17/18 £25 was quite a bit of money for me.

anyway the link i gave has a variety of picks that can be engraved that start at £17.

No don't worry I know you were being sarcastic:p: . It'll have been around 4 months and you're right...25 is a little cheap I have to admit.

My ex remembered my birthday a couple of days before and got me a box of chocolates which he found in his house. We'd been going out 6 months...******* (that's not the why we broke up though! :P)

ANYWAY. yeah. I'll stop talking now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I agree with this to some degree... but you have to live within your means. if the OP cant afford more than £25 then im sure her bf will understand. when i was 17/18 £25 was quite a bit of money for me.
    Very good point made actually. That didn't cross my mind, in which case if £25 is what OP's budget is then stick to it. Besides, these things are more of a formality anyway, people have said this too many times so it's kind of lost its meaning but it really is true, it's the thought that counts!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my boyfriend got little gadgets for his birthday and he was overjoyed! i got him a hoodie and a bracelet, he was really pleased... i'm sure your boyfriend would appreciate anything

me and my boyfriend try not to spend more than £30 on each other at xmas/birthdays because we're quite poor. we've been together nearly 3 years, by the way... can't believe people are saying £25 is cheap! it's really not considering some couples don't give each other presents.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how long you've been with him ...well I would think it does anyway.

If its been a while, just get something heart felt that would be more of a keepsake
    So if there's something personal, get it engraved somewhere or buy something to remind him of a memory or something.

That way it doesn't have to cost the earth and will still mean something.
    If he's that into science stuff, other people are bound to get him stuff like that right?

ReputationRep:
    Get him a stripper night.. everyone loves that

ReputationRep:
    i asked people on tsr for help for a present for my bf's 18th.. i was directed to firebox.com and there's lots there!

I've got my boyfriend something from there which im sure he'll love

Get him a prostitute.

ReputationRep:
    paint him a ukulele don;t even need to be too artistic, just get like 2/3 colours and do a funky pattern and maybe a quote of your favorite song with sharpy markers? (use enamel paint ) xx

ReputationRep:
    You've soo helped me out. Buying my bf a holiday to the Domincan Republic n its cost me soo much money but it's all gd cos i loves him.

Any way, looking for something small to give him on his bday when we're out there n an engraved guitar pick is perfect!!!

thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.