Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - Are these stats okay? watch

ReputationRep:
    .... You're the same height as me, and the same weight - before I lost a few pounds... ehhh

ReputationRep:
    You need to work on your height. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    You've put on 2 stone in 2 months? Thats a sustained increase of over 1.25kg/week. I call ********.
    Totaly agree and first thing that struck me. 25 lbs in 2 months, thats 3lb week, is totally impossible (even with steroids). Maybe didn't place this in the fitness forum as he would get found out?

Your 'stats' are pretty much identical, a few pounds lighter, to me but its taken me 7 months to gain 2 stone not 7 weeks! LOL!!

And all girls care about, whether they dispute it or not, is who has the heaviest wallet. But thats not unusual. Go to any country in the world and you'll find the men with the (perceived or actual) most money are the one's who get the ladies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick Travis)
    Height : 5"7
    Weight: 9st5lbs (7st11lbs)
    Hips: 35 1/2" (32)
    Waist(navel) 29" (25)
    Chest: 35" (31)

The figures in brackets are from 2 months ago. I think when I posted them on here a lot of people fraked out. Since then eating/working out has been my main focus. I'd still like to gain a few more pounds, but do you think I'm getting there or do you think a guy needs to be bit broader than that?
    I remember your pics lol, you were the guy with the scarf around his face lol.

If a girl is attracted to you then I dont think being too skinny will be a massive turn off. Maybe try to do weights and stuff regulary and in another 2 months you might be even bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Right - I will try and post another picture ( though I know the mods aren't too keen on all this).

Jst to clarify - the first 5 lbs was just eating more food. So I've put on 14lbs in 7 weeks at the gym. Some of that is probably fat, but not too much I hope.

Unfortunately the mods deleted the original thread.

you should tell girls your stats irl when you first meet them. theyll think its hot

ReputationRep:
    Who cares...?

Everyone likes something different, I can't picture you from those stats.
    Most people go for the face first and a decent physique but no one is studying that fast, and if you can't make me laugh and be kind and fun with it... I won't have any interest at all.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest it all depends on the girl in question -
    im 5ft11, and i have friends that are 5ft 2
    so you cant really generalise.
    and anyway, its who you are that i guess is important.

ReputationRep:
    your ok don't worry about it really, I think you needed to put on some weight for health reasons regardless of the way you looked. I think that most girls (including myself) value a guys personality and face above him having a perfect body.

So don't stress but well done with the weight gain 9.5 sounds much healthier

ReputationRep:
    I think with women the body fat percetage and your height is more important.

ReputationRep:
    Stats mean **** all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Stats mean **** all.
    I don't want this to sound like a sob story. But when I was at school I was always the smallest kid, so size is something I've always been conscious of. You don't think girls are going to want to dance with some guy half their size at a school disco? Even at uni people still saw me as a kid - I didn't really look like an adult. So at some level stats do matter. It may sound shallow, but personality isn't enough on its own.

Anyway, I have a new picture from last week.

http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=DSC00002.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Height : 5"7
    Weight: 9st5lbs (7st11lbs)
    Hips: 35 1/2" (32)
    Waist(navel) 29" (25)
    Chest: 35" (31)

The figures in brackets are from 2 months ago. I think when I posted them on here a lot of people fraked out. Since then eating/working out has been my main focus. I'd still like to gain a few more pounds, but do you think I'm getting there or do you think a guy needs to be bit broader than that?
    wow your waist is tinnny

well used to be

TBH, I think you gained too much fat given the time period based on them stats

ReputationRep:
    You're size is fine you just need to tone and tone a lot!!!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want this to sound like a sob story. But when I was at school I was always the smallest kid, so size is something I've always been conscious of. You don't think girls are going to want to dance with some guy half their size at a school disco? Even at uni people still saw me as a kid - I didn't really look like an adult. So at some level stats do matter. It may sound shallow, but personality isn't enough on its own.

yeh, you just got fat lol

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Gladiators.

ReputationRep:
    You look normal, not too skinny...maybe a bit more muscle would look better, but ultimately I don't think your body will hold you back from getting girls.

ReputationRep:

look fine dude. and your 'droopy' shoulders.. i have them as well.. THE best shape for body building (i dont lift i never have but i know its the best shape many lifting friends have told me). best shape because it allows you to have big neck/shoulder muscles - i have these from siwmming. link your fingwers together, flip your hands over so u r looking at the back of the hands, then push your arms out, stretching ur neck muscles.. look in the mirror and u will see what i mean.

ReputationRep:

You need to gain muscle not fat.

ReputationRep:
    I've done all sorts of body fat calculations. Machines tend to suggest I'm around 12% fat and the various calculators you can find generally say about 10-11%. That is low!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.