Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick Travis)
    Well, I think my body fat is around 10-12%, Adonis thinks it is more like 15%. Just trying to get to the truth.
    It's like mine a few weeks ago so 15% is about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icn06)
    In the UK they measure their weight in stones which is 14 lbs per st. So 10st is 140 lbs.

Weird I know.
    well that does sound weird...why not just measure weight in lbs to make it easier on the foreigners (i.e. me)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayz92)
    well that does sound weird...why not just measure weight in lbs to make it easier on the foreigners (i.e. me)?

It's just the way we do things. We don't say someone is 69in, we say they are 5ft9in. We don't say someone is 145lbs, we say they are 10st5lbs.

ReputationRep:
    your height and weight is fine, and if anything u've achieved alot going from 7 stone to 9.5stone, ur bmi is probs over 20. So your stats are okay.

ReputationRep:
    It's just the way we do things. We don't say someone is 69in, we say they are 5ft9in. We don't say someone is 145lbs, we say they are 10st5lbs.
    well the feet thing makes sense to me. the problem is i didn't know what the stone was. but still...shouldn't you be using cms anyway? because you would say 175cm...and well...i would say 145 lbs.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised a mistake. It should be 7st13lbs, not 7st11lbs.

Anyway, it is 20lbs gained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    Adonis, why do you have to belittle? We all know your physique is the **** - well done. Try offering some advice instead.
    How am I belitting him?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised a mistake. It should be 7st13lbs, not 7st11lbs.

Anyway, it is 20lbs gained.
    Not bad gains, your body is quite similar looking to mine (I'm 5ft11", 12st). I'd say that you should get up to 10st then cut, lose all the fat - you'll probably be like 9st5 or something, then decide if you want to carry on with the weight gain.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think my body fat is around 10-12%, Adonis thinks it is more like 15%. Just trying to get to the truth.
    it's not 10% BF

honestly, it's not.

there's no chest/shoulder lines

zero vascularity

lots of fat around chest region [not saying you're fat, but you aren't 10% BF]

also, not saying you should diet down, cos well there's not much underlying muscle there to diet down

how did you bulk up i.e. add on them 20lbs? what was ur eating like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    it's not 10% BF

honestly, it's not.

there's no chest/shoulder lines

zero vascularity

lots of fat around chest region [not saying you're fat, but you aren't 10% BF]

also, not saying you should diet down, cos well there's not much underlying muscle there to diet down

how did you bulk up i.e. add on them 20lbs? what was ur eating like
    Trying to eat at least 3000kcal a day - not too much fat. At least 90g protein a day.

ReputationRep:
    lmao there's quite a difference from your waist/hips... sounds like a womans body.

ReputationRep:
    Yep they're good. Keep working on it and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    I remember your original thread. Sounds like you've been working hard at it. Are you any happier and attracting more ladies? Getting more looks

Would be really intrigued to see a pic, as I remember the first one.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetsAndSugar)
    Me too
    link to pic on pg 2 or 3

ReputationRep:
    You gained weight too fast, but you were unhealthy low before. About 15% sounds right. Keep going for a bit, cut, re-assess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    You gained weight too fast, but you were unhealthy low before. About 15% sounds right. Keep going for a bit, cut, re-assess.
    I've gained 15lbs after 7 weeks at the gym. The early 'gains' was just me eating more after previous weight loss.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.