Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take Maths, FM and Economics. However, what other subject would complement this choice of options the most? Or just some ideas even?

What would you pick if you were me?

ReputationRep:
    a science?

ReputationRep:
    oh and whats fm? lol

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any ideas about university yet?

ReputationRep:
    A popular combination is Economics, Maths and Further Maths, or Economics, Maths and Physics. The numerical quantitative subjects basically.

ReputationRep:
    A nice comfy pillow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number6)
    Do you have any ideas about university yet?
    Economics degree - not sure specifically yet. And I am taking Statistics maths.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for a science subject, I'm hoping to take Maths, FM, Economics and Physics, it will hopefully compliment some mechanics modules, but all science subjects would be good or even an essay based subject to help with the essay aspect of Economics I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave129)
    I'm going to take Maths, FM and Economics. However, what other subject would complement this choice of options the most? Or just some ideas even?

What would you pick if you were me?
    Physics! The way forward!

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly Geography is a good choice, in human geog there is quite a bit of economics!! esp in A2. Some take Business/Accounting but they are not as respected.

ReputationRep:
    Do sociology - its great for the effects of economic choices e.g. causes of poverty, unemployment etc !

ReputationRep:
    history, a language or a science.

ReputationRep:
    I found History went really well with Economics, universities like History too.

ReputationRep:
    If you do well in Econ, Maths and FM you should be absolutely fine with pretty much any respected A Level as your fourth

ReputationRep:
    Anything you like with those 3.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm doing Economics with Politics and History, which I don't think is a bad combination according to the head of sixth form. I know maths would be ideal but the blocks don't work out in my favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pow!)
    history, a language or a science.
    haha you really narrowed the choices down there.

physics/chemistry :yes:
    but you've pretty much got a free reign with those three. do something you'll enjoy & get a good grade in.

ReputationRep:
    History.
    Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Physics, if you have any interest in it.

ReputationRep:
    suicide... it is just so boring!

But on a more helpful note - a physical science (physics or chem I would say).
    And if you did one of those, you will be doing the same subjects as I did last year :five:
    You will soon realise how much better further maths lessons are than any of your other subjects

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.