Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We have a winner :P

ReputationRep:
    The horn in hand is the most prominent one. But there are loads in the city centre. Several wetherspoons, one is called the Roebuck inn or something which is just off market square, there is a Lloyds bar in market square, Yates on market square, the approach opposite walkabout, bar circle off market square, Trip to Jerusalem inn near Nottingham castle, BZR near nottingham castle, Walkabout just off market square. Then there is the lace market which has a whole load of other bars, one of which is the Pitcher and Piano which is in an old church and does good cocktails. The brass monkey is in the lace market too which isn't far from what I believe is another wetherspoons, although i'm not 100% sure.

There are pubs everywhere! You'll find plenty. Any more questions then feel free to ask. I'm somewhat of an expert :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pasta_man_beast)
    one is called the Roebuck inn or something which is just off market square
    Noo, don't tell them about the Roebuck!! That's my quiet little hidey-hole! (Although UoN students have found it now :dry:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Noo, don't tell them about the Roebuck!! That's my quiet little hidey-hole! (Although UoN students have found it now :dry:)
    Sorry. I am aware of how quiet it is and I like it in there quite a lot. Market square is fairly large, maybe they wont find what bit it's off :p:

ReputationRep:
    There is no stopping us students :P !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna enjoy studying in Nottingham :P
    I've had some mad decent nights out there and can't wait to get there in October

Some of these pubs being mentioned are awesome :P

btw is the trip to jerusalem the pub that like hald set into a cave thing?? I'm pretty sure I've been there before, nice pub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacky)
    I'm gonna enjoy studying in Nottingham :P
    I've had some mad decent nights out there and can't wait to get there in October

Some of these pubs being mentioned are awesome :P

btw is the trip to jerusalem the pub that like hald set into a cave thing?? I'm pretty sure I've been there before, nice pub
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Horn in hand

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to meeting all you guys and having some pints with you all!

ReputationRep:
    Will someone bring some cards then

ReputationRep:
    Already got cards on my to pack list: though no poker- unless I get taught first.

ReputationRep:
    What do you know how to play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorpio2211)
    Already got cards on my to pack list: though no poker- unless I get taught first.
    I'll teach you how to play Poker! But I won't tell you all my secrets... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    Yeah otherwise Scorpio will lose a lot of money :p:

ReputationRep:
    cheers mrgd, I thought that was the pub I was thinking of!!

Yeah will be good meeting up with everyone and enjoying a few (or many!!) pints!!

Don't get me wrong, I like clubs too, but just for a night out you can't beat a decent boozer!!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricz1000)
    What do you know how to play?
    Pretty much most other card games.
    For example black jack- which I would have won so much money on holiday if we actually played for money.

Beginners luck and all.
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    I will probably hold you to that.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, no poker, or else I will end up having bet my entire Student Loan within a month =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SensiDub)
    Gah, no poker, or else I will end up having bet my entire Student Loan within a month =[
    As long as I win it then I dont mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SensiDub)
    There's always strip poker-but I didn't suggest that

Or just random games like: Bull****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorpio2211)
    There's always strip poker-but I didn't suggest that

Or just random games like: Bull****
    I got fooled into playing strip poker once...

Ended up re-wallpapering their entire living room.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.