Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are most girls ALWAYS complaining about their weight? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who couldn't care less about weight?
    I could'nt, personality is much more important
    31.82%
    I could
    68.18%

ReputationRep:
    Come on, seriously.

It's so boring having to listen to some women constantly yap on about their weight and other such imperfections.

Tbh, most people don't care about weight! they will tend to focus more on your personality, if all

anyone who focuses on physical aspects of a person is simply shallow and quite frankly obnoxious in prejudging people in accordance to size

Lifes too short to deprive yourself of food just to be thinner - if someone judges you by weight, they aren't worth your time - Intelligence and Charisma are much more valuable!

ReputationRep:
    It's something a lot of people are concerned about and feels it alters how they look all the time, I have lots of friends unhappy with their figures.

I am lucky in the way that I don't seem to put on weight (yet anyway) my friends always joke that one day it will catch up on me, but for now my weight is not a complaint of mine

ReputationRep:
    I never moan about my weight. most of the time, women just say it so others will go "noo, you're not fat.." and then secretly roll their eyes. it's just a confidence thing really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    It's something a lot of people are concerned about and feels it alters how they look all the time, I have lots of friends unhappy with their figures.

I am lucky in the way that I don't seem to put on weight (yet anyway) my friends always joke that one day it will catch up on me, but for now my weight is not a complaint of mine
    hmm but bickering on about it is what makes people ugly, not the actual weight

stick-thin people look horrible too!

im all for wanting to lose weight if you want, but what i hate is the repitition of "i feel fat" and "omg im obese

ReputationRep:
    Of course we worry. Because we know that you want Megan Fox or wtv you want and most of us look nothing like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes personality is a lot more important than looks, but first impressions are formed by appearance, and I know from experience that unless you are suitably good looking, there are a lot of people who won't take the time to see past that first impression.

Apart from just wanting to look physically attractive, weight needs to be controlled to be fit and healthy. Some women do constantly yap on about their weight, but they are generally attention seeking and shallow. Some people go on about it because the understand how important it is to be healthy and they want to look good, so they will attract other people and also so they can have self-confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    I never moan about my weight. most of the time, women just say it so others will go "noo, you're not fat.." and then secretly roll their eyes. it's just a confidence thing really
    yeah that whole fishing for compliments thing is what really bugs me

personalitiy is what dictates attractiveness, not physical features

its just sad that some people can't see past that

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what other people think of my figure, but I care about what I think. The thing is, I cannot handle myself fat, and as soon as I feel unfomfortable with myself I must lose weight. It is healthy, life can only be made too short by giving yourself more food than what is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a shame that so many girls have weight issues :/ there are so many who have blatantly great figures who are like "omgzzz im so fat!!1!". I don't have any particular problems with my own weight for now - I look fine in and out of clothes :p: - but I'd agree that there's loads of mixed messages about looking a certain way, espesh with so much focus on slimming the nation down and then also on being happy with your own body.

I reckon though that theres a significant amount of these who generally go on about it as a form of compliment fishing/attention seeking. The best thing to do is just not fuel their fire, I had a friend who took this kinda thing wayyy too far and it just got mega annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Because girls always need something to complain about? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    for some people, it might just be a personal thing like they might just want to be healthier because there are a lot of health risks related to overweightedness / obesity. But I suppose, it could help if these people were generally less vocal about it all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy in my body, I know this is the way I'm supposed to look. It saddens me that people/the media distort people's perception of the way they should look. I can understand dieting to a suitable weight, one thats proportionate and suits your body, but other than that I don't understand. Also, I don't see why people constantly complain and fish for compliments. Its just our sob-story attention seeking generation unfortunately, thats a generalisation I know.

Yah I don't get this either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Because girls always need something to complain about? :dontknow:

hmm, that could extend to 'people' - there's always something i.e. weather, work, stress, n etc.

ReputationRep:
    Penetrating a fat chick is like sooo ... ****

ReputationRep:
    Because most girls are overweight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I don't care what other people think of my figure, but I care about what I think. The thing is, I cannot handle myself fat, and as soon as I feel unfomfortable with myself I must lose weight. It is healthy, life can only be made too short by giving yourself more food than what is necessary.
    lol wut - i have no problem with weight loss (assuming its through proper and healthy methodology)

but its just the constant bickering and insecurity about it which is annoying after a while

tbh, i dont really like the last bit of your statement - people seem too preoccupied with longevity of life

surely "adding life to your time, not time to your life" should be more important?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like being overweight. I don't bring it up in conversation but by myself I'm rather obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    Hahahahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Most girls that I know aren't at all like this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.