Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are most girls ALWAYS complaining about their weight? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who couldn't care less about weight?
    I could'nt, personality is much more important
    31.82%
    I could
    68.18%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Most girls that I know aren't at all like this.
    lucky you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I don't like being overweight. I don't bring it up in conversation but by myself I'm rather obsessed.
    Yeah but some women take it upon themselves to let the whole word know about being overweight/underweight...it's kinda annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    hmm, that could extend to 'people' - there's always something i.e. weather, work, stress, n etc.
    Well, girls are people then.
    And I think it's every girl feels that she's too skinny/fat sometime in her life (probably during her teens-mid twenties.) It's part of life I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah but some women take it upon themselves to let the whole word know about being overweight/underweight...it's kinda annoying
    my point exactly

its like jeez if you want to lose weight then fine be my guest

but dont ***** to the world how you feel being 0.1 over your BMI is going to make you unattractive for the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    hmm but bickering on about it is what makes people ugly, not the actual weight

stick-thin people look horrible too!

im all for wanting to lose weight if you want, but what i hate is the repitition of "i feel fat" and "omg im obese
    It is probably comments like that which make people concerned about how they look to be honest?

I know it is annoying when people constantly complain about what they look like, but people have things they dislike about themselves and how cliché but, we all come in different shapes and sizes, everyone is thriving to look the same it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Its annoying though because they do nothing about it.. they think oh yeah just eat less.. no love that isnt going to work go for a bit of exercise!

Another thing to moan about i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    It is probably comments like that which make people concerned about how they look to be honest?

I know it is annoying when people constantly complain about what they look like, but people have things they dislike about themselves and how cliché but, we all come in different shapes and sizes, everyone is thriving to look the same it seems.
    yeah but bones popping out through the skin has got to be one of the most off-putting sights EVER

same could be said for the mortally obese, but the girls in question here look absolutely fine - but just have this tick almost that makes them believe that being thin is the only option

curvy is probably one of the better shapes, but it doesnt matter about size lol

hmm i dont relli like the idea of everyone being the same, it would make the world a much duller place (N)

ReputationRep:
    Because most girls are aspiring for the perfect body (Megan Fox, Beyonce, J-Lo, Shakira,etc)and we won't stop (complaining at least) until we get it...most girls will complain and not really do anything about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    yeah but bones popping out through the skin has got to be one of the most off-putting sights EVER

same could be said for the mortally obese, but the girls in question here look absolutely fine - but just have this tick almost that makes them believe that being thin is the only option

curvy is probably one of the better shapes, but it doesnt matter about size lol

hmm i dont relli like the idea of everyone being the same, it would make the world a much duller place (N)
    I totally agree, however, some people are how they are, lots of the ridiculously small models are naturally very very small, and cannot help it.

As long as people are healthy ahhhh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    Of course we worry. Because we know that you want Megan Fox or wtv you want and most of us look nothing like that.

Ooh she's gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    lol wut - i have no problem with weight loss (assuming its through proper and healthy methodology)

but its just the constant bickering and insecurity about it which is annoying after a while

tbh, i dont really like the last bit of your statement - people seem too preoccupied with longevity of life

surely "adding life to your time, not time to your life" should be more important?
    I was copying your last statement .

Bickering? Where do you see people bickering over their weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I was copying your last statement .

Bickering? Where do you see people bickering over their weight?
    i see.

you know what i mean, the whole "OMG IM 0.1 OVER THE NORMAL BMI IM UNATTRACTIVE AND GOING TO BE LONELY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE"

or the all too common "I ATE SOMETHING OVER 500 CALORIES, IM GOING TO BE 100 STONE BY TOMORROW "

a bit of an exaggeration but point stands :p:

ReputationRep:
    most people don't care about weight..?appearances make a good first impression and a slim girl is arguably more attractive..we all wanna be perfect and alot of girls have pressure to stay slim..i know i do..!

ReputationRep:
    Well, don't males ever worry about anything? *coughpenissizecough*
    Its a similar thing to do with insecurities and body image, sometimes people (not people,boys can be affected too) can't help it because they have a distorted body image. Who can blame them with the amount of airbrushed media we have around?
    Though some people do genuinely fish for compliments but you can always tell who they are

Its also to do with health, lots of girls who don't complain about weight maybe should think about normalizing it to help with health issues but if someone does decide to change their lifestyle they should be allowed to speak about it?! Its a major part of their life then!

Again you can't just generalize this to women only, insecurities affect all people regardless of sex.

ReputationRep:
    Well good on you OP that you can look beyond weight in a girl but stick around here for a bit, particularly h&r and GD, and look how many threads get made saying how fat people are disgusting, size 14 is obese, girls should be ashamed for having another slice of cake etc. There have been so many threads which are just hurtful to overweight people so it's pretty obvious why girls are going to be concerned that they're overweight when generally they're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miiyoki)
    Well, don't males ever worry about anything? *coughpenissizecough*
    Its a similar thing to do with insecurities and body image, sometimes people (not people,boys can be affected too) can't help it because they have a distorted body image. Who can blame them with the amount of airbrushed media we have around?
    Though some people do genuinely fish for compliments but you can always tell who they are

Its also to do with health, lots of girls who don't complain about weight maybe should think about normalizing it to help with health issues but if someone does decide to change their lifestyle they should be allowed to speak about it?! Its a major part of their life then!

Again you can't just generalize this to women only, insecurities affect all people regardless of sex.
    lol if anything men brag about it haha - if anything its more harmless banter

women tend to ***** about it or in the worst case put other people down about their eating habits, which is just a really crude thing to do tbh

but yeah your right - but women are more open with their emotions than men, so tend to be more open about ailments etc

i have no problem with weight loss/gain, if that is what other people want to do

its just when it turns obsessive and people always whinge about it is when it becomes unbearable!

ReputationRep:
    There's too much fakery in the media, and its all just too close to home.

ReputationRep:
    its even more annoying when the girl has a boyfriend that tells them they think their fine and they love their figure and the girl still moans :confused:

if a guy told me he liked my figure id be over freaking pluto let alone the moon :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Well good on you OP that you can look beyond weight in a girl but stick around here for a bit, particularly h&r and GD, and look how many threads get made saying how fat people are disgusting, size 14 is obese, girls should be ashamed for having another slice of cake etc. There have been so many threads which are just hurtful to overweight people so it's pretty obvious why girls are going to be concerned that they're overweight when generally they're fine.
    lol thank you

yeah i hate this whole putting down of others over such a trivial matter - i would like to think that men prefer someone with a personality

Yeah it sucks that there has to be a "normal" factor in weight - i would hate it if everyone looked the same, individuality is taken for granted!

ReputationRep:
    I am always thinking about my weight and worrying about it..

I just don't say so out loud!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.