Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No more anti-UK immigrants to obtain citizenship Watch

(Original post by Don_Scott)
    Because UK citizens have a right to be here.
    According to whom? Under the law, the Home Secretary can revoke the citizenship of any British national.

ReputationRep:
    good idea imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeytk)
    We do not want to be like the US.
    On the matter of citizenship :dry:

ReputationRep:
    If immigrants want to come to our country, they can be ******* nice to us.
    I can almost guarantee that if I went to the immigrant's country of origin and acted the way some of them do here, they'd have none of it

ReputationRep:
    Cynical electioneering. Labour must think we're all daft.

Of course it makes sense. It still doesn't go far enough however. Those of appropriate age/fitness should be made to do a spell with the military, kind of similar to the French foreign legion - this will help get rid of all the liars.

I still fundamentally disagree with the principles behind even this adjusted system. Citizenship should be offered on the basis of Britain needing these people as citizens. There should be no other pressure to give citizenship out. I don't think anyone should automatically earn the right just from being here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    I can almost guarantee that if I went to the immigrant's country of origin and acted the way some of them do here, they'd have none of it
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Because we wouldn't be afforded the same 'human beings' treatment in their home country.

Also, probably because they don't see themselves simply as 'human beings', due to their foreign and religious allegiances.
    Who's they, old fruity?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Who's they, old fruity?
    Your kind.

The ones they call 'squish', who subscribe to the squishlum religion which is heavily concentrated in Squishrael and North Squishea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forbidden Fruit)
    Your kind.

The ones they call 'squish', who subscribe to the squishlum religion which is heavily concentrated in Squishrael and North Squishea.
    Hey hey! Tell me where all the other squishies are?

I'm an agnostic but would quite like to start a squishy religion!

What 'kind' are you?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know when we can deport the white people who are anti-social.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Hey hey! Tell me where all the other squishies are?

I'm an agnostic but would quite like to start a squishy religion!

What 'kind' are you?

squish.
    I'm a splat.

We're mainly concentrated in the United Splatty Emirates and Splatty Splatabia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    I want to know when we can deport the white people who are anti-social.
    Well...to the countries they come from surely? Ooo AAR!

On a side note - we could set up a special enclave called 'gorastan' for them where they can all live in peace and harmony, no?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm - I agree if involved in anti-social behaviour or criminal activity and they wish to gain citizenship then they shouldn't be allowed; as I've always been for the 'if they benefit us, they can stay' rule. About demonstrating against the UK government, I'm fine with that if it's done to a responsible, peaceful degree. If it's some hate incited flag burning swearing protest then I'd see them simply as potential terrorists - why give them citizenship to the country if they don't like it? Infact, why do they even come here in the first place if they hate it that much. I don't think if they protest against the government they shouldn't be allowed citizenship though - because we have the right to protest peacefully so why don't they; we can't blackmail them into getting citizenship only if they agree with one certain government and aren't allowed to express views and opinions.

They need to speak English, of course - I'd see that the case for wanting to migrate to any country tbh, I've seen some immigrants who can literally only say 'hello' and 'bye', have no idea how they manage to live here.

Basically, I'm in favour of this proposal, although it needs to be a bit watered down with regards to what is deemed unpatriotic (government protesting etc.)

ReputationRep:
    If they are granted citizenship they shouldn´t be allowed to claim any sort of benifits if they hate us so much.
    Hypocrites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Read here.

Do you this is a good idea? Is it going to work? Debate.
    I dont know.
    I hate many aspects of this country but I still live in it. granted the situation is different for someone who arrives knowing that they hate it
    I mean whats the point?

ReputationRep:
    Reading through thread it almost seems as if the consensus is that by default the whole of the non-western world is entitled to british citizenship, and the burden is on the state to give a reason why they shouldnt make you a citizen.

Of course this is nonsense.

We seem to have lost the notion that gaining citizenship to this country is an exclusive privilege that cannot be offered to everyone.

Passports are not bits of paper that we hand out to anyone who comes to this island that entitles them to 'rights' (to be thoroughly disrespectful and give two fingers to the nation that granted them citizenship, for example) and freebies. By gaining one you also take on responsibilities as a citizen, let's not lose sight of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    To the person who negged me for racism, how is anything I wrote there racist? Not only did I omit to mention any particular race, I didn't say anything that wasn't true in the slightest.
    I am fine with immigration - it's good for our economy and it brings cultural diversity - but really, what right do people have to come over here and **** off our country? I believe a semi-famous judge stated in a court case a while ago "if you come to our country, you live by our rules". I think a similar principle applies regarding attitude. If a friend or coworker invited you for dinner at their house, you wouldn't point out all the things YOU disagree with in their home and demand he or she changes them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    It is heavily to do with integration. Natives usually want whats best for the UK - not saying that immigrants always don't - but immigrants often care for their home countries over the UK, and thats particularly true today

BS natives usually want whats easiest, they want easy jobs, they want to study easy courses and they want easy money. Immigrants work harder, study harder, do the dirty jobs, do the things you aren't willing to do.... Thats a fact.

Immigrants out perform white British children in schooling except for blacks who perform badly... Immigrants hold up the NHS, transport systems...

Immigrants usually add a lot more to the Uk population than any other group

Asian people amke up 2 percent of the British population but just over 10 percent of the economy. Says it all.

ReputationRep:
    BS natives usually want whats easiest, they want easy jobs, they want to study easy courses and they want easy money. Immigrants work harder, study harder, do the dirty jobs, do the things you aren't willing to do.... Thats a fact.
    Notice the implication here that British people are lazy... (you don't like them very much do you...) should we perhaps not loose sight of the fact that it was British people made this island what it is, made in into the very reason why people flood here in their masses.

ReputationRep:

Immigrants out perform white British children in schooling except for blacks who perform badly... Immigrants hold up the NHS, transport systems...

Immigrants usually add a lot more to the Uk population than any other group

Asian people amke up 2 percent of the British population but just over 10 percent of the economy. Says it all.
    This post is pure rubbish.

Don't stereotype whites

That figure about Asians was an estimate by an Asian group, right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.