Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No more anti-UK immigrants to obtain citizenship Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    And built the Western world, and the greatest Universities in the world.

Every civilisation rises to power on the backs of hard working men and intelligent minds.... the problem is the children of these people become weak and lazy and then this civilisation finally gets superseded by another nation elsewhere...

This is clearly happening in the UK... we peaked and now we are on our way down... we need hard working immigrants to push this nation forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Chechnya is apart of Russia but theya re not Russian and certainly do not want to be apart of Russia.

North Ossetia is not Russian, they are ethnically closer to Persian people, Russia however is trying to claim control of South ossetia by giving them all Russian passports.

Are you sure you don;t have a problem with muslims?

The protests in question (the protests criticising British soldiers) were perfectly legal and did not threaten violence.

I don;t think people should be judged on what protests they attend they should be judged on what skills they bring to this country.

You are really stupid, i purposefully make borderline racist comments about Russians to immitate the same comments you are making about muslims. Well done. You have shown what a hypocrite you are.

How do you think i get red gems? I challenge peoples backwards views and many of those people neg rep me. Only the posters who never say anything out of line and are everyones friends have many positive reps... in other words boring posters.

Russia is not trying anything. South Ossetia wants to join Russia. you cant seem to get it through your thick skull that many people who are not ethnically Russian still feel closer to us than to other countries. yes i do not have any problems with muslims. erm no what your doing is different. what im saying is people who do X-X and X for example Y should recieve the following treatment. what you are doing is "all Russians are this this this and all of them should be deported and all of them are criminals". do you not see how stupid you are? you get red gems by being a retard. if you were so progressive and made good points you would have gotten pos repped (especially since this is a v.liberal forum). boring posters? ive been putting down people like you who are clueless about Russia for ages and have been in some very fierce debates.

now lets actually talk about the only relevant point you make -

"I don;t think people should be judged on what protests they attend they should be judged on what skills they bring to this country."

even if the protests are inciting racial hatred and violence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    Russia is not trying anything. South Ossetia wants to join Russia. you cant seem to get it through your thick skull that many people who are not ethnically Russian still feel closer to us than to other countries. yes i do not have any problems with muslims. erm no what your doing is different. what im saying is people who do X-X and X for example Y should recieve the following treatment. what you are doing is "all Russians are this this this and all of them should be deported and all of them are criminals". do you not see how stupid you are? you get red gems by being a retard. if you were so progressive and made good points you would have gotten pos repped (especially since this is a v.liberal forum). boring posters? ive been putting down people like you who are clueless about Russia for ages and have been in some very fierce debates.

now lets actually talk about the only relevant point you make -

"I don;t think people should be judged on what protests they attend they should be judged on what skills they bring to this country."

even if the protests are inciting racial hatred and violence?

Actually Russia is trying to take South ossetia, even though it is Georgian land. Chechnia wants to break away from Russia but are being forced to stay with Russia. So the moral of the story is Russia wants land which isn't theirs.

Actually you appear to have an extreme bias against muslim people, except instead of saying ''i hate pakis'' you try and make their behaviour appear to be wrong and dangerous... equally i was saying Russians are dangerous nazi skinheads and criminals. So you will find it was the same.

Does being liberal help me, i am quite right wing on many issues. I got most of my red gems for being critical of Israel and for making a thread saying i'd want my wife to be a virgin. This accounts for almost all my red gems.

I think you know i am not clueless about Russia and you appear to be under the assumption that since your parents are Russian you have some great knowledge. You didn't even know Zenit is a notoriously racist football club.

As long as the protest is legal as the protests against the troops were then they should be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    arguing with you is like throwing eggs at a wall, im just unnecessarily raising my post count. you can be deluded by what you want and you can attempt to pretend to make up what you want about my supposed views...bit of a pointless 'debate'. attacking my origins and myself instead of trying to challenge my views just makes you seem like an even more pathetic debator. id imagine youd be pretty screwed if i was a n00bie poster with 0 info about myself and you had nothing else to to talk about other than the topic at hand. i came to this thread to debate a completely different topic to the one your talking about so from now on unless you have something relevant to say im not going to bother talking to you. if you wish to continue discussing Russia with me your free to do that via PM

(Original post by Stettin)
    The whole point of a citizenship is that you have the right to remain in this country. The government can revoke that but only in extreme cases like your a terrorist who immigrated here originally. It's hard legally to do that.
    No, it isn't. The Secretary of State can revoke anyone's citizenship. Where can I find the requirement that revoking citizenship requires exceptional circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stettin)
    The whole point of a citizenship is that you have the right to remain in this country. The government can revoke that but only in extreme cases like your a terrorist who immigrated here originally. It's hard legally to do that.

But for those who aren't citizens yet. It's much easier. Why not get rid of those who will hate this country before it's to late? Would you close the stable gates if 3 out of 8 horses escaped and the remaining ones are walking towards the gates?
    Define country. The people who set off the 7/7 bombs didn't claim to hate the country. They claimed to hate the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard_A_Garner)
    Define country. The people who set off the 7/7 bombs didn't claim to hate the country. They claimed to hate the government.
    They also claimed they hated the people for "supporting" the government.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that looks rather dangerous, to be honest. How long until failing to support the government or using one's right to demonstrate is 'unpatriotic'?

ReputationRep:
    The wheels are already in motion. People say "we're losing our Britishness". I'm like "thats long gone"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    They also claimed they hated the people for "supporting" the government.
    Plainly an idiotic position, of course: A minority of the country voted for them, and even that doesn't indicate support for all their policies.

But pride for a country is a bit weird, since, if countries are places, then countries don't do anything, since places don't do anything. If, on the other hand, as countries are the people that live in that place, well then how can a person be proud of every single one of the people that live in that place. There are certainly some people in Britain I am not proud of.

Things like the Dunkirk rescue are instances that often encourage people to say they are proud of their country: They look at the brave and altruistic acts of the fishermen and others that rescued British soldiers from the beaches of Dunkirk, and feel a sense of pride. But why pride for the whole country? Those fishermen are the people that did the rescuing, not Joe Blogs in Blackpool who probably didn't even know it was happening. Plainly not every single person in the country did anything there, so the country deserves no pride for it, those fishermen and other do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    The wheels are already in motion. People say "we're losing our Britishness". I'm like "thats long gone"
    I'm not even sure what "Britishness" is/was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard_A_Garner)
    I'm not even sure what "Britishness" is/was
    I think it was a more small town mentality, a rigid set of traditions which people communally followed like pancake day

Nowadays, who knows. Saw this immigrant at the bus stop with a big text book called "LIFE IN THE UK TEST". Does anyone ever fail this test? I know you have to do it to get citizenship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    I think it was a more small town mentality, a rigid set of traditions which people communally followed like pancake day

Nowadays, who knows. Saw this immigrant at the bus stop with a big text book called "LIFE IN THE UK TEST". Does anyone ever fail this test? I know you have to do it to get citizenship.
    I would have thought that Britishness was what we are now, so although it changes I'm not sure we can lose it...

I would like to have a look at the questions for citizenship if anyone has a link...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.