Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have blonde hair and blonde eye brows i was wondering if its a good idea to use a brown brow pencil to define my eye brows. do blonde people do this or not? its just u cant see them very well when they are blonde

ReputationRep:
    you could try it to see how it looks, it'd look more natural if you used a light brown. most people i know with naturally pale eyebrows havve them tinted.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    Use a light brown matte eye-shadow rather than the pencil, I'd say. The pencil often looks obvious and 'line'ish, and brown might be too dark for your brows.

ReputationRep:
    I think lots of people do. Actually I have dark hair and I do it - it just evens out the sparser patches and makes them look more polished, in a natural sort of way.
    I definitely recommend using brow powder rather than pencil (pencils can be waxy and unnatural). Try this brow kit, it even comes with the cutest little brush: http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~121.htm

ReputationRep:
    I have blonde hair, and light brown eyebrows. Eyebrows add definition to the face, but I wouldn't go too dark or it would look very strange, I have used a light brown eyeliner pencil before to define the shape more, press down really lightly.

If you don't like the look, you can always just use the eyeliner Brown eyeliner looks good on blondes as it isn't too harsh

ReputationRep:
    2B or not 2B, that is the question.

ReputationRep:
    Get them tinted, most salons do it for a decent price

ReputationRep:
    i use a brown brow pencil and it looks really good but i've got dark hair so i don't think a brown pencil with blonde hair will work on you...a really light brown might work maybe..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    Get them tinted, most salons do it for a decent price
    It's not car windows! :awesome:

I'm a guy. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I recommend that you get them tinted. At the brow bar where I'm temping, a customer with blonde brows had them tinted to a very light brown colour and they looked very natural. Plus it beats painting or colouring over your brows which will never look as natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    2B or not 2B, that is the question.
    Very witty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah,I'm blonde and I use a light brown pencil to darken mine.They look pretty pathetic otherwise and when they are filled in look much nicer.My eyebrow pencil is by Bourjois but I think quite a few brands do them.Like others said,eyeshadow is also good for it.

ReputationRep:
    you can also use a matte eyeshadow (light brown) with an angled brush.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.