The Student Room Group

Not really that big a problem, I'd just like your advice

This is only anonymous because my username is basically just my real name, in case anyone here knows me.

Ok. This guy I work with asked me out yesterday, and I really do like him. He's a year and a half older than me (he's 18, I'm almost 17). He's so lovely and it's like a proper date - a meal where he's going to pick me up and stuff :smile:

Thing is, I broke up with my ex a couple of weeks ago. This doesn't bother me as we both knew the relationship was kind of over - we were still technically "together" but had seen each other about three times in two months, and rarely even spoke. Not exactly much of a relationship. Thing is, I doubt my friends and family will understand that. I broke up with him in person, and my friends and his friend were arguing on my facebook status which my brother saw - and he seems to think that I broke up with him by changing my facebook status, and told my mum that.

I really do like this new guy, and we're meant to be going out on Wednesday evening but I can't exactly not tell my mum as he's picking me up...

If something does become of this, do you think I should leave it a while before telling my friends?
Reply 1
You should be honest! Don't try and hide your relationship because it will never work, because your friends will feel like you didnt trust them and the guy will feel like your embarrasssed about him etc...
Its been a couple of weeks and if you say to your mum and friends about how is was pretty much over and how you did it in person then it should hopefully be ok! Xxx
Reply 2
yeah i agree, i think there's nothing wrong with being up front about this, especially as its been a few weeks and you can speak to your mum about how your previous relationship was dead before it was officially over.
Also, forget about what your friends think... if any of them have a problem with you going out with someone basically 6 weeks after you had finished with your last boyfriend, they probably aren't very good friends...

Latest

Trending

Trending