Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

I applied for acomodation in the Glen Eyre Halls back in April and my application status still stands as "submitted".

I'm getting slightly worried because the deadline for having any guarantee of accommodation is today and it seems to have been ignored for nearly 4 months now.

Is this normal? Or is there something I've missed do you think?

I've applied for self-catered; 1) Premium Room, 2) Standard Room, 3) Ensuite. If that has any relevance.

ReputationRep:
    have you got an unconditional offer?

I recieved my offer for accommodation yesterday after submitting in april.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt think that they confirmed accomodation untill youd deffo got in. ill check mine now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    have you got an unconditional offer?

I recieved my offer for accommodation yesterday after submitting in april.
    No, it's a conditional offer. Does that make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, mines the same. i dont think that they confirm accomodation untill your results XD

ReputationRep:
    Yes, only people with unconditional offers recieved their accommodation offer in june-july.

As you have a conditional you will be allocated late august/early september after results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    Yes, only people with unconditional offers recieved their accommodation offer in june-july.

As you have a conditional you will be allocated late august/early september after results day
    Phew, that's fine then, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm an Erasmus student i had another deadline, I think it was the 1st of August but I digress, anyway it's still showing Submitted and bear with me, I'm not in a hurry to know, but I need to find a room ASAP so do you know If they take a lot of time to announce the results for accomodation? I already know that I got in Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    mines the same cept i've met all the conditions so im just waiting now...applied mid june

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean with conditional or unconditional offer??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidturru)
    what do you mean with conditional or unconditional offer??
    with a conditional offer you have to meet certain requirement before you get a confirmed place - my offer is conditional as I'm waiting for my results. As for unconditional, you do not have any requirements to meet therefore you have a confirmed place.

ReputationRep:
    Hey howz magareth halls?? Is it nice... does it have frequent Uni link connections...& howz the surrounding area???

ReputationRep:
    i dont have a room for next year, anyone got any ideas? ive tried orion's point.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 9 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.