Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my birthday, my parents are considering paying for me to have a professional photoshoot, which I'm pretty sure includes a makeover and 15 different setups.

I would absolutely love to get some really nice photos of me, but I don't take great pictures haha and I think I'd feel a bit awkward posing in front of the camera, even though I guess I pose in front of my mirror at home. :-s

What sort of clothes should I take too? I'd be allowed many outfit changes so I'd like some pretty looks and perhaps even a sexier look.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Bring your sexiest dress so you'll be confident and feel sexy when posing. I'd say, only bring whatever you think looks good and 'special' on you. Do you want the photos in your portfolio or is it only for personal/fun use?

ReputationRep:
    Bring all different looks. One that I did in London had a graffiti wall so I was wearing baggy jeans for example, then one was a massive bed with deep purple bed covers so I was in something more revealing.

ReputationRep:
    They'd just be for personal use, I'm not wanting to become a model. I'd just like to have some really nice pictures.

I do look quite good with makeup, but I don't always take nice photos....so I was just thinking hmm would they be able to get a good picture. Maybe I'm just too self critical!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Bring all different looks. One that I did in London had a graffiti wall so I was wearing baggy jeans for example, then one was a massive bed with deep purple bed covers so I was in something more revealing.

Wow that sounds so much fun :-)
    I don't think they have huge props like a bed at this place, but they bring accessories and things... I have no idea to be honest. xD

I had some simple shots done with my brother a year ago, just normal nice ones for my mum's wall. But this time they do a makeover for me etc and hopefully make me stunning hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    Wow that sounds so much fun :-)
    I don't think they have huge props like a bed at this place, but they bring accessories and things... I have no idea to be honest. xD

I had some simple shots done with my brother a year ago, just normal nice ones for my mum's wall. But this time they do a makeover for me etc and hopefully make me stunning hahaha
    Ahh hope you have a lovely time!
    I have done quite a few photoshoots, but the one I spoke about above sounds similar to the one you are going to
    They gave me a form beforehand asking which 'look' I wanted make up wise.. Natural, Glamorous, Sexy etc.. Then, how I wanted my hair styled.

I'm sure they will make you stunning! I also did a photoshoot for a magazine last year and the director gave me certain poses on that occasion to show off the clothes nicely

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it depends greatly on what the cost of it is.
    Normally you'll be greated with a glass of champagne/pimms/bucks fizz or something.
    They normally ask for about 3 - 5 changes of clothes.
    Not sure about set ups and backdrops - normally it will be in a crisp white room.
    This is what I've read when I was considering possible gifts(?) for me and my friend for our birthdays - as they are very near to each other.

ReputationRep:
    I did one when I worked there and got my free shoot. I'm not photogenic and most of the pictures reflected that lol. She took pictures on my ugly side and tried to get me to do stuff I was sooo not comfortable doing. One of the few that I liked is on my profile =]

ReputationRep:
    For my birthday, my parents are considering paying for me to have a professional photoshoot, which I'm pretty sure includes a makeover and 15 different setups.

I would absolutely love to get some really nice photos of me, but I don't take great pictures haha and I think I'd feel a bit awkward posing in front of the camera, even though I guess I pose in front of my mirror at home. :-s

What sort of clothes should I take too? I'd be allowed many outfit changes so I'd like some pretty looks and perhaps even a sexier look.

Any ideas?

thats a lovely idea!
    and dont worry i was the same a few years ago with having my picture taken but i got scouted at the clothes show by select in november and i havent looked back since
    they will tell you exactly what to do and how to pose so i wouldnt worry about feeling insecure, they work at putting you at ease and also they know the right angles for your face and lighting spots too so no iffy pictures to worry about!

its all trickery, you just have to enjoy it! as for clothes - go for what you feel confident in and reflects who you are, your personailty will shine through in the pictures that way and show you off at your best

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    I did one when I worked there and got my free shoot. I'm not photogenic and most of the pictures reflected that lol. She took pictures on my ugly side and tried to get me to do stuff I was sooo not comfortable doing. One of the few that I liked is on my profile =]
    Wow - what a funky picture! I love your whole outfit. You look very pretty in it too. "not photogenic" my foot! :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's a nice picture :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wasn't sure if I should go for the photoshoot or get something else for my birthday...
    but I can't really think of anything I want, except perhaps a holiday but no one is around to go with, so that's out anyway.
    A photoshoot could be nice, I'm just worried I will feel silly doing face poses haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Wow - what a funky picture! I love your whole outfit. You look very pretty in it too. "not photogenic" my foot! :p:
    Aw thank you :o: I did say it was one of the few that came out decent. The other 60 or so were absolutely atrocious, I nearly cried when I left the place honestly, it was like 'do I really look like that?!'

ReputationRep:
    I saw some of the examples they did before and they seemed to make the people look really good with the lighting and makeup. I am hoping they can make me look great!

ReputationRep:
    Please don't show your grandkids them in 50 years time.

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you :o: I did say it was one of the few that came out decent. The other 60 or so were absolutely atrocious, I nearly cried when I left the place honestly, it was like 'do I really look like that?!'
    I can imagine actually. If I ever did go to one (and I think I will one day) I'd probably end up feeling fatter and uglier :o:
    Awww :hugs: you look very pretty though.

ReputationRep:
    I would LOVE to do a shoot like that!

Any ideas?
    OP - did you not make a thread 5days ago similar to the new one you've made this evening???? :confused: . . .link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    I can imagine actually. If I ever did go to one (and I think I will one day) I'd probably end up feeling fatter and uglier :o:
    Awww :hugs: you look very pretty though.
    If you do go to one, insist that you don't do poses that make you feel uncomfortable and in the awkwardness try not to forget that you have a better side if you have one of course lol. I'm sure you'd look lovely and not fatter or uglier =] :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.