Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend more interested in friends then me! Watch

I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months, I love him to pieces, he's the best guy i've ever been with. He says all the right things at the right times, tells me he loves me and all that. But I constantly feel like he doesnt want to progress the relationship and might as well be married to his friends. I've never been introduced to his parents and i'm only allowed at his house when his dads not in, or if his dad is in I have to wait in the car. I've introduced him to my parents, but he never wants to come around mine when their in, only ever comes when their out.

For example, last night we went out on the town and had a bit too much to drink and I fell asleep on the sofa at his (his dad was out) and he woke me up at 2ish saying I needed to go cos his dad was due back soon, so at 2am half asleep he walked me 20 mins home! Why couldnt I just stay over at his??

Also, this morning he text me saying we'll probs do something later, so I got ready then he text at 8pm saying hes going to some mates new flat so cant do anything until monday night, cos hes just going to lie in all day tomorrow, which I know is a lie cos ive seen him in the car with his mates during the day on sundays!

I really love him and I just want to spend time with him, but he doesnt understand and im not sure if he actually truely loves me or just says that!

What do you think??

Thanks in advance, we're both 20 btw

ReputationRep:
    "he never wants to come around mine when they're in, only ever comes when they're out"

O rly?

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe he is either

a)taking you for granted
    b)using you

It would be nicer if it was the former, but I suspect that it is the latter.

Maybe you should talk to him about it? But he doesn't sound like he's worth your time to me.

Surely you can do better? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Couples in relationships spend so much time together anyway, is some time apart so bad?
    So he likes a few hours with his mates, it's healthy! Would you rather have him with you all the time until he's bored sick of you?
    Besides the way I see it, friends > girlfriends. Girlfriends come and go, but friends are for life :yep: Maybe that's why he hasn't found it worthwile introducing you to his parents, he might see this as a temporary relationship or already knows it won't last long.
    There's also the saying ''bros before hoes'', it was made for a reason! I understand your point of view, but seriously, don't be too clingy or all you'll be getting from him is rejection!

ReputationRep:
    The never being introduced to his parents is a huge red flag in the relationship if you've been together for eight months.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's embarassed by his parents... or maybe he's embarassed by you, either way you should just ask him about it.

P.S Having a boyfriend that has a life of his own isn't a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm i find it a bit strange that he wont let you meet his parents. I wouldnt worry about him ditching you for his mates on the odd occasion though, (as long as you havent arranged anything special.) bros before hoes! have you talked to him about meeting his parents/ staying at his? perhaps he be embarrassed of them for some reason?

ReputationRep:
    OP, did you read this after you wrote it?
    I think you should be able to solve your own problem to be honest. This guy seems to be using you or .. Using you.

But why is he still with me if he doesn't think it's going well? I'm sure he could get plenty of other girls, I just don't understand ...

ReputationRep:
    Going out with his mates is not a big thing. It's just something girls have to deal with..and boys too! But you fell asleep on his couch?! (Are you not allowed in his room, or did he just not want to wake you?) And he asked you to leave at 2.30am ?! At least he had the decency to walk you home! If that was me, I'd be asking questions to try and find out what's going on. 8 months for me is a too long enough time to not have met the 'rents...

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel lol i arranged to go to some meal thing with my bf... then about a day later he totally forgot about it and agreed to meet up with his friend lol oh wells lol didnt want to go to the meal thing anyways... but yeas... it is a bit wierd how u havent met his parents after 8 months! talk to him or just turn up unexpectedly one day hahaha No.. dont do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    "he never wants to come around mine when they're in, only ever comes when they're out"

O rly?
    I just choked on my cup of tea
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Urgh... It's kind of clear that he's only after one thing there.

ReputationRep:
    Have you not thought "Maybe I should ask my boyfriend why he wont let me around his dad"???

ReputationRep:
    Why are you asking us, instead of asking him why he won't let you meet his parents? Not a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by René Artois)
    Have you not thought "Maybe I should ask my boyfriend why he wont let me around his dad"???

Beat me to it by 30 seconds! ha.

ReputationRep:
    His dad is going to steal you! Stay away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Beat me to it by 30 seconds! ha.
    High five :five: :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Good. That's how it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    I just choked on my cup of tea
    wait.. i don't get the joke...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.