The Student Room Group

How to study abroad for a semester/year?

Heyy
I'm studying HND music at a college in Scotland which would hopefully take me into 2nd/3rd year at a relevant Uni such as Napier, Edinburgh etc... with doing a PDGE secondary teaching course afterwards.
I've just came back from doing Camp America in Pennsylvania and I loved it! I have always always wanted to study/live in America and since experiencing it I am desperate to get back!
I am looking to study there for either a semester or a year and I have asked my tutor about it, but they have no idea how to actually go about it.
Would I need to go to a Uni that supports "study abroad" programmes or arrange it myself?
I have researched it but i'm pretty clueless about how to actually go about it.
Another thing, my tuition fee's are paid by SAAS, and my parents would not be able to support me over there as they earn under a certain amount which covers SAAS costs, so would I be able to get financial help over there if I ever did get there?
Basically what I need is for someone to advice me if studying in America sounds possible, and if so how to actually start going around it and arranging it?
I'm absolutely determined to get back there and I'm determined I want to live there, even if it means getting my music teaching degree here.
And also, does anybody have any experiences of studying/living in America, I can't seem to find any on the forums?

Thanks alot if you read this! Lauren :smile:
Reply 1
I think generally you'd have to go through exchange programs arranged by your uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending