Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here from Watford, need help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone from Watford can help me with directions.

I'm from London and need to go to Watford for an assessment centre on Monday. I need to get from Watford Junction station to the Hilton hotel.

I would prefer to walk, my travelcard is going to cost £18 so I don't want to spend extra for a taxi from the station, not sure if it's possible. I checked google maps it gives me a route by says there might not be pedestrian paths on this route.

So if anyone from Watford knows of a walk friendly route or directions on a map from a website I would love to know.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not from Watford but I had a look on google maps and it has quite clear satellite images, if no one replies you could look at that as it would show paths etc quite clear.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Watford. Thats going to take ages to walk. You're probably better off getting off at Watford High Street if the train stops there. Let me try and figure out a map if I can.

ReputationRep:
    i'm from watford and i dont even know where the hilton is let alone how to get there
    but seriously, when you get to a hub station, buy a travelcard out of the machines (they cost £3) then put a £7 on it and it'll take you to watford. so £10 total.
    when you get to the station, ask someone to direct you.
    or just use transport direct.info or google maps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffers)
    I'm from Watford. Thats going to take ages to walk. You're probably better off getting off at Watford High Street if the train stops there. Let me try and figure out a map if I can.
    Thanks Toffers, I guess I could go to Watford High Street, I'd appreciate that map too

(Original post by Noémie)
    i'm from watford and i dont even know where the hilton is let alone how to get there
    but seriously, when you get to a hub station, buy a travelcard out of the machines (they cost £3) then put a £7 on it and it'll take you to watford. so £10 total.
    when you get to the station, ask someone to direct you.
    or just use transport direct.info or google maps.
    What do you mean by hub station, how can I get a travelcard and then add £7, sorry I'm a little confused as to how the system works. Like I said it's going to cost £18 approx for a travelcard and I'd like to keeps costs at a minimal..but if this £10 takes me to and from the Hilton hotel I guess it would be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderb0lt)
    Thanks Toffers, I guess I could go to Watford High Street, I'd appreciate that map too

What do you mean by hub station, how can I get a travelcard and then add £7, sorry I'm a little confused as to how the system works. Like I said it's going to cost £18 approx for a travelcard and I'd like to keeps costs at a minimal..but if this £10 takes me to and from the Hilton hotel I guess it would be ok.
    ack i meant buy an OYSTER card :P
    sorry :P
    a hub statipn like euston or kings cross or waterloo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    From vague memory, it is on a dual carriageway that does have pedestrian paths but i think its quite far from anywhere tbh. Very vague memories though from once like 5 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4506/whsp.png

Haha, not very good. I hope you mean the Hilton on the A41, as thats the only one I know of. Good luck walking that lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    ack i meant buy an OYSTER card :P
    sorry :P
    a hub statipn like euston or kings cross or waterloo.

Really, £7, wow. I already have an oyster card, last time I went to Watford for an assessment centre I paid £18 for a travel card!

So is this travelling via the Metropolitan line on the tube, I'm curious about the route I would take to get from Euston the Hilton in Watford.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, have no idea where the hotel is !

ReputationRep:
    Hotel is on a motorway if memory serves me right. It will probably take a while.

Edit: dual carriageway, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Heres from Watford Junction:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6486/46504925.png

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

(Original post by Toffers)
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4506/whsp.png

Haha, not very good. I hope you mean the Hilton on the A41, as thats the only one I know of. Good luck walking that lol.

It's this one:
    Hilton Watford hotel
    Elton Way, Watford, United Kingdom WD25 8HA

so, it's looking like it's not really feasible to walk there. What's the alternative, transport wise...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by thunderb0lt)
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

It's this one:
    Hilton Watford hotel
    Elton Way, Watford, United Kingdom WD25 8HA

so, it's looking like it's not really feasible to walk there. What's the alternative, transport wise...
    The 602 heads that way. I just used google maps, get directions, public transport, and it suggests routes. It says it would take 20 mins or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    The 602 heads that way. I just used google maps, get directions, public transport, and it suggests routes. It says it would take 20 mins or so.

Thanks, I guess the bus is the only feasible option I have really..

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK you won't get a bus there, never seen any bus stops on the A41, and walking probably won't be possible seeing as it is straight up a dual carriageway and off a large roundabout.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    AFAIK you won't get a bus there, never seen any bus stops on the A41, and walking probably won't be possible seeing as it is straight up a dual carriageway and off a large roundabout.
    According to google maps there is a stop just before said roundabout - not on the A41.

ReputationRep:
    Sheet, that's long. Get a cab from Watford Junction, your only good option, soz.

ReputationRep:
    Well, good luck and don't say we didn't warn you.

ReputationRep:
    don't get one from watford junction
    they're really expensive
    book one to take you there, use abbots cars, they're who i use and they're all very nice people
    they're far less expensive than any of the watford based ones as well.
    their number is 01923 670707

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.