Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone here from Watford, need help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help everyone, the annoying thing about this I will probably be at the Hilton for less than 20 minutes, as I have already taken the assessment. I just need to go there to show evidence of my results and get booked in for the interview.

ReputationRep:
    You could also get off at Bushey instead of Watford Junction, would be closer and easier to walk to if you did that I think. The Hilton is a bit of a ***** to get to :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderb0lt)
    Really, £7, wow. I already have an oyster card, last time I went to Watford for an assessment centre I paid £18 for a travel card!

So is this travelling via the Metropolitan line on the tube, I'm curious about the route I would take to get from Euston the Hilton in Watford.

Thanks
    From Euston, get off the Tube, go upstairs to Euston National Rail; catch a London Overground train; this will take you to all stations to Watford Junction, including Watford High Street.

Your Oyster card WILL be valid on the London Overground service; just touch in at the barriers.

Don't bother with the Metropolitan Line, it puts you even further out than you already are.

From Watford High Street rail station, there is one bus every 30 minutes, the 602 destination Hatfield Business Park takes you nearest to the Watford Hilton; taking you as far as the junction of Hartspring Lane / Park Avenue.

You'll just need to walk the last bit on the A41; which is only single carriageway anyway, and from Google Map doesn't look too threatening, there is a footpath.

There is the bus timetable: they don't list "Watford High Street rail station", but it's between the line labelled "Beechen Grove Stop N", and "Watford Lower High Street, opp Eastbury Road". It's simply too long of a route to show everywhere this bus stops (it runs for nearly 2 hours a time).

Don't know how much the fare will be on the bus.

But hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    You could also get off at Bushey instead of Watford Junction, would be closer and easier to walk to if you did that I think. The Hilton is a bit of a ***** to get to :\

Yeah, according to google maps it's a 16 34 minute walk from Bushey station, it's on the same route. I will have to look into this to see if it's pedestrian friendly. It does look like it would be cheaper to go from Bushey though.

It's either this, bus like the above poster suggested or taxi.

Thanks again for the help everyone !

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped.

I forgot my Oyster card at home so I had to buy a zone 1-9 travel card which cost £9 (would have cost £6 return using an Oyster). Suprisingly it didn't take so long to get to Bushey from Euston, 20 minutes in fact using the London Midlands fast service (only two stops).

Once I got to Bushey I waited at the stop for the W12 bus but it didn't come so I ended up taking a taxi to the Hilton, Watford which cost £6 (I should have walked around and looked for the 602 bus stop but I was lazy and thought I was getting late).

On the way back I got the 602 bus to Watford High Street which cost £1.90.

Now I gotta go back on the 12th for the actual interview..fun times !

Thanks everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.