Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    All men are not born equal.
    of course not. duh.

this thread is not about innate differences between people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well my problem is this:

i hate making really goofy errors at work. i hate looking a fool for not knowing common knowledge.

come on, there IS no reason why i should be mentally behind. :yes:

i know i'm slightly mentally retarded. people close to me are simply too evil or scared to see it. :yes:
    But... I do that. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're not one of those girls who "acts" dim or "special" or "blonde" or "unique" like a million other girls, it's fine.

Everyone is different. If you want to be "mentally equal", read some books or sit some exams, I dunno. Watch QI, it's great for general knowledge

Everyone has flaws, my geography is rubbish, so I just leave that to someone else!

ReputationRep:
    LMAO!!!
    You people cannot give me any reasoned or cogent reasons why i cannot be mentally equal.
    Nobody is trying to do that, you're the one who said that you aren't mentally equal to begin with.

p.s. i'm really bored otherwise I wouldn't bother posting on this thread.

so?

does the fact you do something mean i cannot find a solution to it? :rolleyes:

(Original post by PoisonDonna)
    As long as you're not one of those girls who "acts" dim or "special" or "blonde" or "unique" like a million other girls, it's fine.

Everyone is different. If you want to be "mentally equal", read some books or sit some exams, I dunno. Watch QI, it's great for general knowledge

Everyone has flaws, my geography is rubbish, so I just leave that to someone else!
    who gives a **** about geography? only nerds, knobs and geeks do.

and i'm not a girl. and general knowledge, what good is that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    who gives a **** about geography? only nerds, knobs and geeks do.

and i'm not a girl. and general knowledge, what good is that? :confused:
    You were the one who mentioned general knowledge, so you seem to think it's good.

"i hate looking a fool for not knowing common knowledge."

ReputationRep:
    of course not. duh.

this thread is not about innate differences between people.
    It's your innate dimness that is keeping you dim now. :yes:
    I usually say with hard work, even the people who aren't naturally intelligent can catch up, but maybe you're too dim to even achieve that? :dontknow:

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    It's your innate dimness that is keeping you dim now. :yes:
    I usually say with hard work, even the people who aren't naturally intelligent can catch up, but maybe you're too dim to even achieve that? :dontknow:
    what innate dimness? i want to be mentally equal. why is that wrong? :confused:

again, no rational argument. :yes:

(Original post by kersme)
    Nobody is trying to do that, you're the one who said that you aren't mentally equal to begin with.

p.s. i'm really bored otherwise I wouldn't bother posting on this thread.
    well i am mentally unequal. i don't want to be any more.

again, you people are saying self-improvement is wrong. lol... yep, next walking on two legs, talking and abstract thought are wrong too. :yes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If there weren't any dim people, then who would I take the piss out of!!?! I love you the way you are! Don't change for anyone or anything!!!

what the heck does that mean? :confused: sorry, your humour is lost on me.

ReputationRep:
    In order to help you and avoid others posting useless comments (well, can anything completely stop that? lol) you need to give us more specifics about what your problem actually is and what you would like to be resolved...then we can give you advice that might help you to resolve your problem.

ReputationRep:
    again, you people are saying self-improvement is wrong.
    Nobody said that. Listen, if you are dim to the point that you cannot understand what people are trying to tell you on a forum (where their words stay there for however long it takes you to grasp their meaning, as opposed to a conversation where one needs to think quite quickly), then you are seriously dim and nothing can help you.

(Original post by star_5)
    In order to help you and avoid others posting useless comments (well, can anything completely stop that? lol) you need to give us more specifics about what your problem actually is and what you would like to be resolved...then we can give you advice that might help you to resolve your problem.
    i want the same common knowledge and wisdom as everybody else.

why is this so wrong? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i want the same common knowledge and wisdom as everybody else.

why is this so wrong? :rolleyes:
    So you want to improve your general knowledge? Read books, watch those sorts of quiz shows... lol I know it sounds silly but I don't really know what to say. As for wisdom...isn't that sort of thing supposed to come naturally?

lol...

for the last time, i don't care a ******* hoot about "general knowledge". this is only for weirdos and geeks. only a warped geek reads book containing empty knowledge. this is NOT what i am talking about.

i am talking about having common wisdom and perception.

ReputationRep:
    What is the point in this dim thread.

i don't want to be dim any more. who is to stop me?

ReputationRep:
    i don't want to be dim any more. who is to stop me?
    Yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.