Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ok to be "seeing" 2 people at the same time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a problem personally, the guys in question might think differently though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    That's not her question though, make a new thread asking that question, this is not "asking OP a question" this is OP asking US a question. Duh. :hmmm:

I didn't contribute with an answer.
    I can't be asked to make a thread :rant:

And i think that's a perfectly legitimate question Missy! :rolleyes:

I may make a thread about Pro Evo Vs Fifa though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's ok as they're only first dates. I wouldn't mention the situation to either of them, and think you should decide pretty quickly who you prefer after these initial dates, then let the one you like the least down gently.

ReputationRep:
    Totally acceptable

Just let them both know from the start that you are not dating them exclusively!

If either of them have an issue with it, well then, problem solved

Lucky you getting asked out twice, that's what I say! Enjoy :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If they're both a first dates then it's fine, but only go for a second one with one of them, I would say.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely fine for first dates, just choose fairly quickly and if one of them becomes serious you need to tell them both that you're non-exclusive to avoid awkwardness.

ReputationRep:
    though i guess its alright if the two people know where they stand and they know its just casual. otherwise they are being lied to and are being wrongly led on to believe thye are exclusive and that their "partner" actually likes them only

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion nothing wrong with that. I generally tell girls that, I'll don't do serial dating. It's drawn out, long and sometimes, it just isn't worth the time. However, I would tell the person first, so that they know what they are getting into.

EDIT: I see emily069 beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with casually dating more than one person, in fact it's just good sense. It would be silly to turn down the second guy just because you've already agreed to go out with the first guy, when you don't know either of them well enough to put your eggs in one basket. It would only be wrong if there were feelings involved.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with a few of the other people who've already posted, go on a first date with both of them then choose between them. But don't let it go on further than a first date before making a decision.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    no. simple as.

ReputationRep:
    These people are such prudes ;P

Go on one or two dates with both guys, but I'd say by date 3 or 4 you should decide which one you want or you're leading them on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Hoe.
    At least she's literate..

Absolutley nothing wrong with it. In the olden days they used to just be chaperoned by quite a few people and nobody was officially "yours" until you had got engaged. Here's an analogy: Think of it as like applying to uni ;-) You wouldn't expect one uni to be annoyed that you had applied to another one. Then you go and look at the unis and decide which one you prefer and see which ones want you too and then choose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Well either of the guys would be offended if they found out - i guess that means a no.
    Not really its a first date!
    If it went any further than that with either then becomes a problem..

I think the question lies less with the two first dates, and more what they develop into- and ultimately how you deal with that. Hypothetically, say you liked both of them equally after the first dates. Would you continue to see both of them until a preference emerged? Bearing in mind by that point, their interest in you might have further developed, and they might take you going on a second date as an indication of there being hope for the future. Going on to let them down after that would inevitably be seen as leading them on to some extent. Similarly, if you end up preferring one of them and the feelings aren't quite reciprocated, but the other one seems to like you more, with whom would you keep things going?

I'm not saying it's impossible by any means, but you'll have to be very perceptive of your feelings, and equally how theirs may be developing too. Keeping things going with either of them for excessively long when your feelings for the other are stronger will make it harder to end or start anything respectively, and you might well just end up with two rather annoyed and/or hurt people. Good luck! :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's just a bloody date and it really doesn't matter what people on the internet think. People in America 'date' a lot of different people at the same time quite often. It's not wrong as long as no lies are being said. Even sleeping with more than one guy at a time is not wrong, as long as no lies are being spoken.

ReputationRep:
    As they are both first dates, i don't see a problem with going to both but any further than that, e.g. more dates, kissing, official boyfriend status you need to decide on these first dates which one you want. Don't lead anyone on.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.