Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've lost the letter for Step Ahead. Where do we report to?

ReputationRep:
    The Ruxton Lecture Theatre Foyer, which im guessing is accessible via the Ruxton Technology Center (Marked D on this map http://www.staffs.ac.uk/assets/staff...tcm44-3816.pdf ).

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, as I read that I found the letter. See you tommorow, I'll be wearing a black short sleeved t shirt with light blue jeans.

ReputationRep:
    err random question but whats everyone packing as in clothes?

Im not sure weather or not to pack 'Night Out' clothes or not. I know a few people did for the Stoke one and went out, but this Stafford, slightly quieter, and further to the town center.

So reckon its worth it?/anyone going to go into town for Monday/Tuesday night?

Reason i ask is my bags small, the only other option is a 90 liter rucksack which is just not needed. so yeah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    err random question but whats everyone packing as in clothes?

Im not sure weather or not to pack 'Night Out' clothes or not. I know a few people did for the Stoke one and went out, but this Stafford, slightly quieter, and further to the town center.

So reckon its worth it?/anyone going to go into town for Monday/Tuesday night?

Reason i ask is my bags small, the only other option is a 90 liter rucksack which is just not needed. so yeah..
    I Also want to know if it's a case of pubbing it or clubbing it.

ReputationRep:
    I have packed cloths, towel, tooth brush etc. I don't think it's worth going all out. I'd be happy with going to a local pub or staying in the halls and getting some booze, there is an ASDA near by apparently. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday is student night, but I haven't been for a while so I'm not sure what its like. I'm going to Stafford Friday night, shame none of you lot will be there then

ReputationRep:
    a vast majority of the mentors will be heading into stafford town on tuesday night and shall try and get lots of students to come down too

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well im up for going out Monday or Tuesday really, probably end up with, drinking chilling in halls on Monday, Pubbing/Clubbing it Tuesday.

Just managed to squeeze it all into my bag now, man traveling tomorrows gonna be a ***** lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well im up for going out Monday or Tuesday really, probably end up with, drinking chilling in halls on Monday, Pubbing/Clubbing it Tuesday.

Just managed to squeeze it all into my bag now, man traveling tomorrows gonna be a ***** lol.
    Your telling me! Setting off at half-7 in the morning and driving for 2-and-a-half hours or more to get to Stafford. Not too awesome

Still, looking forward to putting names to faces, and if people need supplies, I drove to the ASDA on my test run last week. It's easy to find. I'm probably gonna need some random food products so if anyone wants a lift... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom251nd)
    I have packed cloths, towel, tooth brush etc. I don't think it's worth going all out. I'd be happy with going to a local pub or staying in the halls and getting some booze, there is an ASDA near by apparently. What do you think?
    Towels are provided by the university. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damning Eden)
    Towels are provided by the university. =]
    Mate said it was just a hand towel?

ReputationRep:
    Right, getting some sleep, see you's tommorow :top:

ReputationRep:
    Mate said it was just a hand towel?
    They will probably end up giving you a flanel instead..

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the train now B-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    I'm on the train now B-)
    Have fun :woo:

I have to catch the train from derby to staffs and it takes 1 hour 40 which is dull to say the least (felt like moaning lol) :rolleyes:

Tara

ReputationRep:
    1 HOUR 40 MINS ON THE TRAIN?! Where on earth do they take you?!

Takes me like 30 mins to drive to Derby!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    1 HOUR 40 MINS ON THE TRAIN?! Where on earth do they take you?!

Takes me like 30 mins to drive to Derby!!
    i know yeh!

when I go back home to burton on trent it takes about that time on the train

ReputationRep:
    I've just drove up to the Uni and see a number of cars and people walking around! Hope you're all having fun!

ReputationRep:
    Well... first day seems to have gone pretty well really

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.