Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone moving in on the 1st of september?

ReputationRep:
    No, I will be moving out!!!!

Totally unproffesional service, no postbox key for a year, entering your room without warning or even knocking in some cases, expecting you to inspect the flat you are moving into after the previous occupant has left - which is their job, flat inspections during exam times, being charged for damage done to the premises by others, price increases on rent of 40% in 2 years while other properties in the area are cheaper and better, refusal of parcel collection at the office, pitiful excuse for a pool table - which is listed as a highlight on their website, and not to mension the awful smell and general condition of some rooms - particularly on the fifth floor of block 4. These are just a few of the joys you have to look forward to.

I hope you havn't signed a contract.

Good luck.

(Original post by undertheclowds)
    being charged for damage done to the premises by others
    I have a friend who stayed and she and her flatmates got charged £250 each for burns that were on the work top in the kitchen and rips in the couches that were there before she moved in. She said they were there before, but they said that they dont have any proof so they'll have to pay it.

I stayed over a few times and it didnt seem too bad and it's in a pretty good location, but i cant really form an opinion as i only stayed about 30 odd times throughout the year so didnt live there.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let what people on an internet forum say affect your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Don't let what people on an internet forum say affect your decision.

Dont worry, it hasn't Everyone has different experiences and hopefully mines will be a good one

ReputationRep:
    I will be in blackfriars around 15th of september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyth)
    I will be in blackfriars around 15th of september.
    Coooool guess i might see you then! haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.