Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Japanese lolita fashion: really cute or just strange.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    weird, strange and odd at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person wearing it if it looks good or just wierd

ReputationRep:
    I do like the more quirky fashion styles that exist in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong. What quirky things do we get here? Wanabe nu ravers and emos :/

ReputationRep:
    Love it. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    Cute but a bit OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Find it very weird - and that 'sweet lolita' look makes me want to vomit. Also find it quite disturbing that they try and look childlike/doll-like.

Then again, I find most high fashion ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    At first, it seems cute coz it's out of the ordinary. But I went out with a girl who was obsessed with it. Literally wore lolita EVERYWHERE. Got pretty sick of it

ReputationRep:
    Japanese girls in cute clothes = :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    very very weird.

ReputationRep:
    Wapanese :no:

ReputationRep:
    It's cute, but that's surely because of my imperalistic, misogynistic, pedophiliac tendencies. :awesome:

Seriously, I'd love to have sex with an Asian girl dressed like that though. :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    Not a big fan of lolita fashion but cosplays are cool :cool:
    Oh, really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Oh, really?

Oh. My. God.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, but it's definitely one of those things that would only really look right in Japan. Outside of Japan I reckon it would look strange, especially if it was in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, really?

Look out its emo Link :O!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Don't ******* make me go google it. Someone post a photo in here please.
    some 1 has...

imo its very nice n i wish it wasnt seen as "ott", as people would start to wear it over here .. same goes for quite a lot of fashion im into.. but unfortunately most people are shunned by society to wear what is seen as acceptable/normal

ReputationRep:
    Oh, really?

Lmao. Maybe not THAT :P

But it's generally awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love it, it's so adorable, I'd love to have my own lolita outfit. I saw a big group of them in Hyde park a few weeks ago, I quite like the gothic lolita look but all of it is just so cute =]

Definitely looks better on oriental girls though
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite cute provided they don't go too overboard with their circle lens and stuff. I've seen people wear it and look cute and some who look horrifying - a japanese girl with almost thigh long bleach blond hair, green contact lens, and out of this world lashes??!! Too much . . .

ReputationRep:
    Its boderline strange.

(Wheres the pics? Majority of these threads are filled with pictures.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.