Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Japanese lolita fashion: really cute or just strange.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Its boderline strange.

(Wheres the pics? Majority of these threads are filled with pictures.)
    look harder

ReputationRep:
    Strange and cute, and strangely arousing.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Strange. imo.

ReputationRep:
    yeah may look a little bit strange but thats whats good about it, Is fashionable, think mostly oriental girls could wearing it however I reckon there are a few british girls who could get away with wearing it, I wouldn't mind seeing this or going out with someone who was in to it

ReputationRep:
    Cute on the Orientals mostly.

I'm finding it hard to come to terms with this. -sniffle-

But if its just cosplay, then people should have fun with it. No matter how it looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    Cute on the Orientals mostly.

I'm finding it hard to come to terms with this. -sniffle-

But if its just cosplay, then people should have fun with it. No matter how it looks.
    agree

ReputationRep:
    I love it in japan over here youd just be seen as weired

ReputationRep:
    A couple of the pictures posted aren't lolita, but cosplay. For example cat ears are costumey so they are cosplay. There are a couple of styles in lolita that are seen as a little costumey, so sometimes they won't be as done as often. Lolita is a fashion movement.

http://www.lolitafashion.org/ is a great website to look at to understand more about the different styles and guidelines of lolita, and the differences between lolita and cosplay lolita, with also shop lists and advice on shopping on a budget (because the fashion style is expensive!)

ReputationRep:
    i hate it

ReputationRep:
    i hate wapanese. so no you'd all look retarded unless you're oriental.

ReputationRep:
    its so weird! i think it just looks like a fetish thing and adds to the sterotype of oriental girls -_-

ReputationRep:
    can't believe many people think that oriental faces suits lolita best~ the idea of lolita came from the west you know ? from the novel Lolita~and most of the dresses are pretty gothic and middle age style~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miaw)
    can't believe many people think that oriental faces suits lolita best~ the idea of lolita came from the west you know ? from the novel Lolita~and most of the dresses are pretty gothic and middle age style~
    Actually it was influenced by Victorian and Rococo clothing, but yes it was inspired from the west.

ReputationRep:
    depends, in moderation. It can be cute, classy, different, but also ott. But there are so many different styles in Japan it doesn't really matter, infact it makes it better. And these styles are popular in alot of asian places, seoul, hong kong; you can wear anything and no one would stare, because it's your own style.
    I don't think it quite fits in in UK though, maybe the stereotypes here will change, who knows
    but please, no ott wapanese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    1. Never use smileys again. Ever.
    I really lol'd for some reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.