Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy last week, and we seemed to hit off pretty quickly. We laugh and joke loads and I find him very attractive and funny. He thinks I'm pretty also but I know he's just not that into me. He lives and London, and works full-time, and I go back to uni which is quite far away at the end of september. He's already told me he wouldn't be willing to make regular trips up to see me and fails to see how he could fit into my life. He hasn't contacted me for a few days since we talked about this, even though he's been in Brighton, he would've if he wanted too. He's blatantly not interested, but could we just be friends? I still quite like him, and would like to get to know him more but I just feel like I'd end up getting pretty hurt? What should I do? I know people will say move on, but it seems difficult at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    It's only been a few days. Maybe you could contact him?

ReputationRep:
    If he's not contacted, likelihood is he's trying to let you down gently. It's obvious he doesn't think it will work so is probably keeping distance to avoid leading you both on? If yo don't think it's that, you can always contact him and see what's going on, but don't force it.

Try and move on like he is I guess, no point dwelling, you'll only end up liking him more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    full-time, and I go back to uni which is quite far away at the end of september. He's already told me he wouldn't be willing to make regular trips up to see me and fails to see how he could fit into my life. He hasn't contacted me for a few days since we talked about this, even though he's been in Brighton, he would've if he wanted too. He's blatantly not interested, but could we just be friends? I still quite like him, and would like to get to know him more but I just feel like I'd end up getting pretty hurt? What should I do? I know people will say move on, but it seems difficult at the moment.
    See the bolded bits - they're the things you've written that answer your own question. Move on.

Try not to think about him - instead go out with friends, read a book - do anything!

ReputationRep:
    Move on by talking to me, im bored.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I know he's not interested. Before we ended our conversation, he said "I'll talk to you tomorrow if I see you online (msn)" and I was but he wasn't. Although, he did have a leaving do at work? See, and now I'm doing all the typical things like analysing every little thing he said! Argh! Not good!

Sorry BossManSingh, I'm a little against the male species at the moment - maybe when I'm feel a little less

Okay, an update: so I have spoken to him since this all happened.

In fact, he has started up a conversation with me after I thought it was all over?! I'm still quite confused? Does it seem like maybe he wants to be friends after all? Just because we can't be in a r'ship...I don't see anything wrong with being friends? But it's still a bit weird between us. It's not like it was before.

See, I'm wondering whether telling/asking him all this is a good idea? Don't want to come across as paranoid or obsessive!

Any advice or outsider perspective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I know he's not interested. Before we ended our conversation, he said "I'll talk to you tomorrow if I see you online (msn)" and I was but he wasn't. Although, he did have a leaving do at work? See, and now I'm doing all the typical things like analysing every little thing he said! Argh! Not good!

Sorry BossManSingh, I'm a little against the male species at the moment - maybe when I'm feel a little less
    I could pretend to be a woman :awesome:

You've already got your mum's sari on haven't you?

(There's no need. I don't mind you males now! )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.