Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering the unlikey chances of Oxford considering Adjustment people. I had an interview if it makes the process any easier and amazingly, a decent letter mentioning good and bad bits of the interview (more good than bad ). I think I'm likely to have done better than my firm offer and have this feeling of "I should have maybe applied higher, picked a higher offer uni". Any help would be appreciated but I'm sure I'd be happy anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Oxford do Adjustment, I'm afraid They give people open offers to account for people who will miss their offers, so there's not really space left. Though I suppose you can try!

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost certain that Oxford won't be accepting people through Adjustment, considering the fact that they are oversubscribed with excellent candidates anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot about the open offer shiz. Meh, I would have done exceptionally well to get the 3 A's any way but we live in hope

ReputationRep:
    Oxford won't be taking anyone through Adjustment, in the same way as they don't take anyone through Clearing.

Adjustment's a pretty stupid idea anyway if you ask me. The minister who insisted it happen isn't even in post any more!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can 'adjust' to somewhere you've already been rejected from anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by running from demons)
    I don't think you can 'adjust' to somewhere you've already been rejected from anyway.
    There is nothing in the UCAS rules about that so it would be up to each university to make a decision. If you think about it carefully, such a situation might indicate that the candidate performed better than the university expected and they might change their minds about the applicant. This is irrelevant to Oxford, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by running from demons)
    Is that an actual rule UCAS have set?

Just wondering :hmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    Is that an actual rule UCAS have set?

Just wondering :hmm:
    Read the post above yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlg3579)
    Forgot about the open offer shiz. Meh, I would have done exceptionally well to get the 3 A's any way but we live in hope
    sorry, you wont be able to. even if Oxford did take people through adjustment, they would have to of an extremely high calibre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Read the post above yours.
    Yeah, just did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlg3579)
    Just wondering the unlikey chances of Oxford considering Adjustment people. I had an interview if it makes the process any easier and amazingly, a decent letter mentioning good and bad bits of the interview (more good than bad ). I think I'm likely to have done better than my firm offer and have this feeling of "I should have maybe applied higher, picked a higher offer uni". Any help would be appreciated but I'm sure I'd be happy anywhere.
    I have not seen an official Oxford statement saying they will not be using Adjustment. But the interview with Mike Nicholson (Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Oxford University) is very negative about the whole Adjustment process.
    http://www.ucas.tv/index.php?id=28

If anyone finds such a statement please let me know and I will add it into the Adjustment FAQ:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Well i just had something that i wanted to ask. This year, Ucas is offering the a level students a new option where if they exceed their ( firm choice) offer, they can register for Adjustment where they contact other universities to see if they can get a place there with their grades. Well i was wandering, would this be applicable at oxford, especially for Chemistry course? I know oxbridge doesnt take part in clearing, but is it possible to get a place through this option?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I would doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Taking part would short-circuit all of Oxford's expensive and careful selection procedures (e.g. tests, in-depth interviews, admission tutor meetings across colleges, open offers), so no - Oxford won't be in UCAS Adjustment

ReputationRep:
    Same answer as for Clearing. No places = no places.

ReputationRep:
    100% no im afraid. It wont apply to most of the top 15 unis.

Think of it as the opposite of clearing. Oxbridge, LSE and UCL do not go in for clearing and so will not be going in for adjustment either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Taking part would short-circuit all of Oxford's expensive and careful selection procedures (e.g. tests, in-depth interviews, admission tutor meetings across colleges, open offers), so no - Oxford won't be in UCAS Adjustment
    Yea, that was what i had in mind. If they arent taking part in clearing, they wouldnt surely take part in this new option. Thank you for the replies though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.