Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are Trackie bottoms and footie shorts chavvy? watch

ReputationRep:
    I generaly own ever wear trackie bottoms (winter) or my footie shorts in the summer - is this chavvy? Should I be wearin jeans and longer shorts in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    It is if you're not planning on doing some kind of sport.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above - otherwise you look quite the fool

ReputationRep:
    To play sport - no.

For any other reason - YES!

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate it when people wear trackies when they're not doing sport.

ReputationRep:
    Shorts for sport summer or winter, trackies I'm just not a fan of, joggers for lazing about in the house or going to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, yes (unless, of course, you are actually doing sport/exercise).

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what is the difference between trackies and joggers, thought they were the same? I do quite a lot of sport but will also wear footie shorts or trackies for goin into town shopping

ReputationRep:
    Why worry what other people think, i wear joggers and shorts all the time.
    Every1 knows joggers are more comfortable than jeans but they are too scared to wear them because they might get called a chav.

ReputationRep:
    Are joggers the same as trackies then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    Are joggers the same as trackies then?
    Jogging pants are the thicker more woolen/cotton type feeling things
    Trackie bottoms are the plastic things that Lacoste dominated a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, didnt realise they had different names. i usually wear the addidas shell type trackie bottoms as find them the most cumfy

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind trackies, but the sweatshirt material ones are better I always wear superdry joggers, the Nike ones look nice on lads.

ReputationRep:
    I love the sweatshirt ones, especially on guys, as long as they're not those polyester ones then wear them with pride. as for the shorts, you should probably invest in some plain ones, i'm not a fan of football shorts, look abit daft unless you have really really nice legs!

ReputationRep:
    it's a shame chavs have made tracksuits their official uniform, i'd wear them if they weren't associated with them.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever wear either baggy shorts or jeans :/ I have to say when I see someone wearing joggers around town I think trendwhore and when I see someone wearing football shorts I wonder why they didn't grow out of wearing football stuff when not playing football when they were 7.

ReputationRep:
    I wear tracksuit bottoms and football shorts at times, but for comfort, not just for sport. If that means a narrow-minded person who lives a label-defined life brands me 'chavvy', more fool them. Also, I don't care, I'm comfortable.

And by the by, tracksuit bottoms does not automatically equal 'chav'. You just can't define a person by what they wear. If you do, it says something about the kind of person you are. Just think about the logic you are using if you think along these lines.

Lastly... who cares if someone thinks you look 'chavvy'? It isn't going to have any impact on you, your life, or anything at all. Life is too short to give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on what you like wearing.

IMO they look silly and are uncomfortable... like wearing swimming shorts that are too small for you.

I wear sport shorts for the gym, that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I'm also trying to kill my bad habit from wearing trackies, jeans is on the agenda now, should pull trhough, hopefully.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.