Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge to study Law- this has been suggested to me by a few of my teachers/my career adviser. However, i'm not too sure if I would make the cut.

For those of you who have studied at Oxford or Cambridge, or those who are about to study there, what were you grades? At GCSE level and at AS/A?

Many thanks in advance,

ReputationRep:
    This may not be as helpful as you think; they'll all vary but most will have a strong hand of A*/A at GCSE, and will have scored AAAB (or much higher) at AS. If your grades mirror this then it's worth applying. Better questions would be how much work experience they did (if any), the type of background reading they did for interview, the style of questions they were asked etc.

ReputationRep:
    Most will have very high grades, but grades aren't the only thing that matter.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is relevant or not (you never mentioned your own grades), but if you don't have top A level grades you might get in another way. If you graduate from a university with a 2:1 or higher, you can apply to do a law course in 2 years rather than three. It's the same as the undergraduate course, only it's done in a shorter time. It's mentioned here. Just something you might want/have to consider, since the requirements to do law are high already, without adding a prestigious uni into the mix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indubitably)
    I don't know if this is relevant or not (you never mentioned your own grades), but if you don't have top A level grades you might get in another way. If you graduate from a university with a 2:1 or higher, you can apply to do a law course in 2 years rather than three. It's the same as the undergraduate course, only it's done in a shorter time. It's mentioned here. Just something you might want/have to consider, since the requirements to do law are high already, without adding a prestigious uni into the mix.
    This is horrifically expensive. A cheaper option would be to do the GDL (one year), and just do really well on that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.