Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone ever wanted to die? Watch

What the title said... Have any of you ever wanted to die, just not have it deal with it anymore... if yes, then what happened...

I dont mean this as an on going thing... but just a momentous, aprupt desire of just getting it over and done with as a result of something bad happening or people turning on you without warning...

Daily. I take crazy people meds now :

ReputationRep:
    I think this is pretty normal. Comes and goes. Ride with it.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to think of ways to end it randomly throughout the day when I feel down...no one knows about it in my family or group of friends though (TSR now does)

I need to see a psychiatrist tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I also take crazy people meds but the feeling is so strong they don't work most of the time. I feel like dying now, in fact. But I know a lot of people would get hurt and, let's be honest, I'm a wimp.
    I just wish the pain would go away, it aches so much. I tend to just cry and lie here aching, but there's nothing I can do about it but just wait until it passes. Also just knowing that I will have nice days in the future that are worth living for, as much as it doesn't feel like it now.
    This is an incredibly optimistic message and I don't quite know where it's coming from, it certainly doesn't feel like it's coming from me with my mental state at the moment but never mind.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I had severe depression nearly 3 years ago now. Tried to kill myself 7 times, but I got help and I'm fine now.

ReputationRep:
    I died while reading this thread.

Yes between the ages of around 12 and 16 I tried a few times not because I was depressed or sad but because I was desperate to find out what it was like on the other side. Naive inquisitiveness rather than crushing depression.

Yeah since my gf broke up with me.Pathetic i know but i miss her and think about her everyday.Shes been the best friend ive ever had, i feel like ive lost everything

ReputationRep:
    Even though it's quite personal, yes, I attempted suicide.

Ended up getting sent off to a psychiatric ward (where I still am, on an open clinic as a day patient, I don't meet up there very often anymore though), as an ironic twist of fate (or maybe the system just works) I feel much better now, and all the suicide thoughts are a complete passé.

If you have these thoughts, I'd hit up your doctor, or try to get into a psychiatric ward, you may be scared of the thought since you don't want your progress in life to come to a sudden halt, but if you're sent off to a good psychiatric clinic, it really helps.

I don't take any medicine ('cept for 25 mg of seroquel, which I use as sleep medication), and trust me, they won't pressure you into any medicine at all, if you aren't ready for it.

ReputationRep:
    I had that feeling yesterday... huge argument with my parents... nowhere to go cause it was night, i have n car and we live in a village... I went to my room and just thought about it...

I happens now and again...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I'd rather not go into it :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I really want to die, but only if i can come back if i dont like it.

ReputationRep:
    when the first guy I fell in love with dumped me for a girl he met over the internet who lives in america, I wished for nothing more than to lay down and die. I seriously even attempted suicide three times, I know it sounds dramatic but when I say I was in love I was in LOOOVVEEEE. U know that amazing crazy first love that just hits u in all ure weak areas when ure barely even just growing out of the awkward adolescent phase. I just couldn't take the emotions I was feeling, but luckily I had awsome friends and obviously a small part of me wanted to go on living

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note, yeah.
    When my mum left me (to work abroad) I said, "Wouldn't it be good if I died?"

Yes, numerous times. I just think it'd be better if I weren't here but then again I wouldn't kill myself and also the thought of cancer just scares me so again I think it's just the thought of not being here that appeals and not having any worries.

I know this might sound really twisted but it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one... I was really contemplating earlier on today. I self harmed for the first time... it calmed me down so I didnt do anything worse.... but the reasons are still there... but I seriously questioned myself... and my mental health for the first time... I felt guilty too.

I just wish I was someone else though and I could dissappear for a while

ReputationRep:
    Yes right now, I have so many problems at the moment but I know i'll end up battling through them. I tend to have periods of depression, I thinks thats just me as a person but am learning to deal with them better and better.

yes, the feeling comes and goes really like seasons, maybe for one or two months a year i feel really depressed and feel like ending it all, but i know the feeling will soon pass. Ive never attempted to end it. With me i think that i know deep down that the feeling will soon pass when i am experiencing it, which keeps me going.

For the past month and a half ive felt happy and fine, but before that, during the exam period, I did at times feel like ending it. But the feeling is not so strong that id actually do anything to myself. So yeah, i have wanted to die, loads of times, but i get over the feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Never.
    I know I'll die someday anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.