Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone ever wanted to die? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrmondDrone)
    I think this is pretty normal. Comes and goes. Ride with it.
    Yes but most people arn't actually serious about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes, I then got referred to a crisis team. I saw 3 psychiatrists, 2 social workers, 3 mental health nurses and a counsellor within the space of a few days.
    Crisis team suck imo :P. Depends who you get though i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    My erection just die'd :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Every single waking minute.

But I can't, people depend on me, and I can't bare the thought of what would happen to them without me.

Aside from that though it would be a trip to a nice tall building in a beautiful city and.....BAM!

Every night I would lie in bed trying to get to sleep and I would think over and over of smashing my brains up... it was really hard not to!! However good the day would be it would end like this. Through the years it changed, I would imagine jumping out my bedroom window and landing head first, my brains smashing everywhere, then it would be banging my head against the wall so hard my head would smash open. Then it would be getting a dagger and stabbing it into my head, directly into my brains etc etc... it doesn't happen so much anymore i'm getting better whoo I hardly ever self harm anymore. I also got quite fat, I put it down to bored eating not comfort eating. I've realised however that for me the bored eating WAS comfort eating, whenever I was bored all I could think about was horrible thoughts, and would distract myself from them by eating. If that didn't work I would just cut myself instead. When something happened however that would make me REALLY depressed I wouldn't eat for about two weeks, which would be followed by a long period of binge eating. I really really want my eating patterns to settle down! I think it is happening though, the less depressed I am the more normally I eat

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Tried to kill myself and ended up in psychiatric hospitals for two years. I also take crazy meds, but hey, they seem to be working.

Yup i tried to kill myself quiet often when i was 12-13 years old
    was going through a rought time in school getting bullied alot. it got to me mentally i couldnt take it anymore tried to drown myself several times ...

On and off for about the last 5 years.

Mixture of admittedly unfounded inferiority complex combined with a teacher who was harrassing me to the point where he had made me feel so bad at the one thing that gave me some joy in life (music) that I didn't see the point in going on and that I had let everyone down etc.

1 paracetamol overdose later which has damaged my kidneys and an incident which involved trying to walk in front of a car on the farm roads near my school I'm still here. The teacher has been asked to leave (and he's not going to be teaching anymore), I got an Unconditional for my music course at uni, but theres still that little dark bit in the back of my mind. I refused to go to the psych clinic though, because I don't want to be on meds.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for a long time. Tried once, ended up in hospital, and I'm glad I survived and didnt do too much damage to my body. Things get better.

ReputationRep:
    For the last 10 years its been a pretty continuous thought.

And if you want me to be 100% honest its something i've been considering very recently.

[QUOTE=Anonymous]As for the wanting to kill yourself thing, I wanted to die for about two years but I didn't want to commit suicide. I used to walk in the road without looking just in case I would get hit but would never actually try and commit suicide, simply because I know that there are a lot of people who love me and who are there for me... /QUOTE]

I used to do this. I researched all of the more direct methods, and used to pass the time trying to decide which one I would use - it was comforting, but I knew I was too scared to go ahead with them. I also knew that I didn't really care if someone else did the job for me, so I'd just step out on blind corners or busy main roads without looking.

It was a stupid, messed-up period of my life that I have no wish to repeat.

ReputationRep:
    What the title said... Have any of you ever wanted to die, just not have it deal with it anymore... if yes, then what happened...

I dont mean this as an on going thing... but just a momentous, aprupt desire of just getting it over and done with as a result of something bad happening or people turning on you without warning...

What you're talking about seems to have been brought on by pain/short-term depression, and just thinking about something else - possibilities, potential, experiences you want to have, people you want to help, people you don't want to hurt and so on might help.

As for me personally I've thought about death (and suicide) out of sheer curiosity - an interest in what happens and how no one has any 'proof' to support any view. I've never considered it as a solution to problems though, not sure why that is.

ReputationRep:
    If that didn't work I would just cut myself instead.
    when people cut their wrist they almost never die because cut heals itself very quickly i was wondering why people dont use infusion cannulas instead which are also painless, will it stay open long enough?

ReputationRep:
    It's passed my mind in moments of utter madness/sadness. I would never do it though, mainly because i love my life deep down. I'm sure everyone has experienced thoughts of 'urgh, just **** it all'.

ReputationRep:

I used to do this. I researched all of the more direct methods, and used to pass the time trying to decide which one I would use - it was comforting, but I knew I was too scared to go ahead with them. I also knew that I didn't really care if someone else did the job for me, so I'd just step out on blind corners or busy main roads without looking.

It was a stupid, messed-up period of my life that I have no wish to repeat.

Me too. I always have to plan to fall back on if things get that bad again.

I used to be physically crippled by the thoughts of suicide, wanting to die so much that I didn't trust myself to move. So I just used to sit in the garden and chain smoke and cry.

They were bad times, and were only really about a month ago. I'm glad things have looked up slightly. I don't want to die anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I've been really upset or whatever. But not all the time, I like my life really

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.