Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Go with B and then buy a webcam. You have just sorted your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Go with B and then buy a webcam. You have just sorted your problem.
    I cant stand long distance relationships. It eats away at me. I become a prick to people close to me cause I only want to be with her. I need to see her or forget her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    I have a month of freedom before University. Do I:

a) Go to America for 2/3 weeks to spend time with girlfriend that just left the country for good. This will cause me to start uni with a couple hundred quid.

b) Work, earning extra for uni. Then visit her during holidays with money from the loan. (This might now be possible, what happens if I meet a girl I like at uni!?)

c) Forget her.

She wants me to come out there. She says that she still loves me. We've only been together for like 3 months, though we think we're in love.

I don't know what I want to do. Is it even possible to start uni with no money? I could borrow a grand or two from a relative if it became a serious problem. I'd quite like to hear people's financial plans if you're willing to share them. I just bought a car and insured it cause I realised I can't live without it. This ate all my savings.
    What's more important to you: your education or your girlfriend? If you choose the former, then stick with B. If the latter, then go with A. If you can't make up your mind, then go with D, whatever D might be. C will kinda be hard for you if you do really love her. Splitting up with someone is a whole different story than forgetting about them.

If she left the country for good, do you really think you can keep up this relationship? As you've already mentioned, you're bound to find another gal in uni.

The choice is yours to make, and only yours, Jenova. Asking other people is foolish as they don't know you very well, your situation, your relationship with your girlfriend, or any other essential details. This is a personal choice that only one person can make. You. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I cant long distance relationships. It eats away at me. I become a prick to people close to me cause I only want to be with her. I need to see her or forget her.
    Butttt.. you're only going to be in America for 2-3 weeks.. is that enough to make up for not seeing her for months or perhaps even a year while you're at school? If she's staying in America for good and you can't handle long distance, you either move there with her, or you pull out and call it quits.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then I will make the decision C
    Can you give me her number, so I can take over?

ReputationRep:
    C - you can meet other girls at uni! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    forget her soon you'll be making a thread you've broken up with her.

ReputationRep:
    earn some more cash and move on... it's too unrealistic to carry on a relationship over that far a distance.. when will you see her..? plus you were only together for a short time so just move on.. i know it hurts, but you've gotta think about your future

ReputationRep:
    I cant long distance relationships. It eats away at me. I become a prick to people close to me cause I only want to be with her. I need to see her or forget her.
    If you can't handle long-distance relationships and still want to go to University here then you'll just have to forget her. It won't get easier if you see her for a few weeks then have to wait months and months until your next meeting.

ReputationRep:
    C or B.

ReputationRep:
    You're not in love with her -

what happens if I meet a girl I like at uni!?
    So i say option 3, or 2. Just make as much money as poss before Uni!

ReputationRep:
    Is there are guaranteed job? If not, you might be looking for a while...

ReputationRep:
    If you can't do long distance theres no way this relationship is going to work even if you go and spend 2/3 weeks with her. So really it's coming to an end, so the choice you have to make is wether to have an awesome couple of weeks with her and then say goodbye iorif it would be easier to just do it now.

Personally I'd go and ssee her it's a nice way to say goodbye and you can leave her behind in America instead of all your memories reolving around the place you call home, which will inevitably make it harder to move on.

I have a month of freedom before University. Do I:

a) Go to America for 2/3 weeks to spend time with girlfriend that just left the country for good. This will cause me to start uni with a couple hundred quid.

b) Work, earning extra for uni. Then visit her during holidays with money from the loan. (This might now be possible, what happens if I meet a girl I like at uni!?)

c) Forget her.

She wants me to come out there. She says that she still loves me. We've only been together for like 3 months, though we think we're in love.

I don't know what I want to do. Is it even possible to start uni with no money? I could borrow a grand or two from a relative if it became a serious problem. I'd quite like to hear people's financial plans if you're willing to share them. I just bought a car and insured it cause I realised I can't live without it. This ate all my savings.
    b for a number of reasons
    1) starting uni by telling people you are in a relationship will score you points with girls.
    2) Need money.
    3) If she just left you may as well wait until you BOTH need a holiday AND to see each other.

ReputationRep:
    She confuses the **** out of me.

I told her (when we were together) that when she goes away my 'sex muscles' will get crap and I need a way to keep them good. She replied "okay just don't practice too much".

Now today she said "don't break my heart at this party"

WHAT THE HELL!? I feel I have the right to have sex with other people. I already have...kinda.
    Ouch. If my man was doing other girls, I'd split it off. If you feel the right to have sex with other people whilst having a gf, then I'm afraid you can't handle relationships, at least not long distance ones.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about your exact financial situation but I'd say, it's only a couple of weeks and you may as well be a bit of a romantic now, go for option A!

Enjoy yourself, you'll have a much better summer with your girlfriend in the US than working away for some low wage back here in the UK. You only live once! :yep:

(I know it's much easier said than done but consider what I say as an 'alternative' option to what others are saying).

Edit: Wait a minute, I just read that you slept with somebody else? :wtf: I thought you said you were in love with this girl?

You're a mess.

ReputationRep:
    Forget her. There's loads of us about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.