Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    TBH ibd is not me it's too boring. not fast paced.
    Haven't been working for my team then, have you? In M&A the intensity of work is the same as in S&T. I have to get my lunch from food trolley - don't have time to go and get lunch.

You really don't know what you are talking about - seriously, have good reasons for wanting to work in S&T and that's cool. People will respect that. But never ever bring down IBD, as you'll look like tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    Haven't been working for my team then, have you? In M&A the intensity of work is the same as in S&T. I have to get my lunch from food trolley - don't have time to go and get lunch.

You really don't know what you are talking about - seriously, have good reasons for wanting to work in S&T and that's cool. People will respect that. But never ever bring down IBD, as you'll look like tool.
    Point acknowledged. But i still think IBD is boring.

ReputationRep:
    Point acknowledged. But i still think IBD is boring.
    And you think that as a trader you'll have your own (serious) book within 6 months?

But each to their own.

(My argument on this topic is over)

ReputationRep:
    And you think that as a trader you'll have your own (serious) book within 6 months?

But each to their own.

(My argument on this topic is over)
    I didn't say i'd have my own book within 6 months. I'm not stupid mate. But within 2 years i would.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say i'd have my own book within 6 months. I'm not stupid mate. But within 2 years i would.
    I'd move banks if I wouldn't have one after 1 year.

But it depends on the product.

ReputationRep:
    I'd move banks if I wouldn't have one after 1 year.

But it depends on the product.
    yeah i guess so. I still have a lot to learn about the industry. Looking to go into equity or FX though

ReputationRep:
    WHAT???!!! But the most exciting time is after 12. That's when you start getting really desparate to finish your work.
    11pm-1am: Oh dear, I need to get home. I need to get up at 7 tomorrow.
    1am-3am: I hate this job, why am I doing this to myself
    3am-4am: Oh well, it's not as bad. I get to wear suits to work and will meet clients some day
    4:30am, in taxi to driver on way to home: I don't work night shifts, I'll be back at 9am. I'm not joking.
    5am, at home: I love my job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphabanker)
    11pm-1am: Oh dear, I need to get home. I need to get up at 7 tomorrow.
    1am-3am: I hate this job, why am I doing this to myself
    3am-4am: Oh well, it's not as bad. I get to wear suits to work and will meet clients some day
    4:30am, in taxi to driver on way to home: I don't work night shifts, I'll be back at 9am. I'm not joking.
    5am, at home: I love my job.
    lol why does this sound so similar to the beginning of Tales from the square mile :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't read that book, but that is what's been happening with me and a few friends since we joined the industry.

I don't think I can do 9-5 ever after this.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't read that book, but that is what's been happening with me and a few friends since we joined the industry.

I don't think I can do 9-5 ever after this.
    I can easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortfolioManager)
    I can easily.

Wouldn't you be bored? I mean 9-5 settling trades, not 9-5 forming strategies at a FMCG major.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you be bored? I mean 9-5 settling trades, not 9-5 forming strategies at a FMCG major.
    Not with 5-2am hanging out with my friends/pounding my gf in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    Not with 5-2am hanging out with my friends/pounding my gf in the ass.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:

Are you interning in an M&A team then? PM me if you want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.