Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if we did get a SF outbreak on campus we would be forced to be quarentined on site?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha... the thoguth of that makes me want to laugh

ReputationRep:
    I think that would be dependent on how many contracted/how violent it was. The chances of it happening are slim tbh, ive been to 2 festivals this year and not even an infection.

ReputationRep:
    S'long as we get settled before Swine Flu hits, I'm not worried. It's if we get there and then get ill before we even start our courses, that'd annoy me to no end. Or worse, before we've finished freshers week! The horror! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I got freshers flu last year, but now you've made me think I may be get something else this year! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i can't wait to see the awsome times when swine flu combines with freshers flu to make the ultimate killer!

ReputationRep:
    what on earth is freshers flu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniella1990)
    sorry... What?! :/

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they would bother if there was a outbreak most people have it anyway. the govrment or whoever telling schools to stay open.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha my teacher got swine flu.... he is quarantined in his own house... cops are around him to make sure he doesnt leave... also he is not allowed to come back to school untill next year...cops get him his groceries... its ******* hilarious

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing freshers flu is what happens when you bring several thousand people together into a small space at one time in freshers week. If one of them has flu / cold / something, a lot of people will get it. Swine!Freshers flu sounds nasty 0.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    i can't wait to see the awsome times when swine flu combines with freshers flu to make the ultimate killer!

(Original post by Daniella1990)
    You've never heard of it?! :woo:

It's what you'll probably get in freshers week. You meet all these new people who bring their germs and illnesses that you may not have had before and you catch them.

It's lovely! :yes:

I'm suprised there hasn't been some kind of warning about swine flu and freshers yet!

ReputationRep:
    i'd laugh if it did happen. And they blocked all the entrances so noone could get out...!

(Original post by Wiggler)
    hah yeh, id want it to turn people into Zombies. A real life Resident Evil...awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    hah yeh, id want it to turn people into Zombies. A real life Resident Evil...awesome.
    Us non-freshers will become the survivors and therefore we require shotguns!

* is actually quite worried to wander onto the campus during freshers week now think I may give it a few days to see if there's any quarentining going on :yes: *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Us non-freshers will become the survivors and therefore we require shotguns!

* is actually quite worried to wander onto the campus during freshers week now think I may give it a few days to see if there's any quarentining going on :yes: *
    hah yeh!! Did you ever watch REC? That's what will happen at Stafford Court i reckon!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, awesome film!

Luckily I'm living in Corporation Street, so right at the bottom of Weston Road. If worst comes to the worst, I'll run to the top of them flats and snipe them off 1-by-1 if they manage to escape and try to get into the town!

ReputationRep:
    Not if were lightening fast to dodge the bullets :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    Not if were lightening fast to dodge the bullets :mob:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    fresher-swine-zombie crossbreed ftw.

ReputationRep:
    I always freshers flu was just a hangover because most people drink alot during freahers and saying its the flu sounds better to your parents!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.