Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Managed to stop the free party I was going to go to :mad: :stomp:

Now I'm stuck in on TSR on a Saturday night like a loser waiting for my boyfriend to get home.

Whats everyone elses excuse? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have no life.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even notice it was Saturday. :O

ReputationRep:
    omg im not a loser but im waiting for my boyfriend to get home! i didnt go out because im not feeling well.

ReputationRep:
    I've been working and didn't feel like going out tonight.

ReputationRep:
    My pet ate my I.D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)

Now I'm stuck in on TSR on a Saturday night like a loser waiting for my boyfriend to get home.

Is this the rave you were talking about? That sucks a lot.

Though my night was more boring. I took new facebook / profile pictures. EXCITEMENT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    I didn't even notice it was Saturday. :O
    Me Neither, i loose track of the days in the holidays...

Oh and i managed to stay up playing games all night, go me =)

(AsystoleUK: I love the pic in your sig, made me burst out laughing like an idiot :p: )

ReputationRep:

Yes damn the police for doing their jobs and stopping you bunch of knobs making a nuisance of yourselfs. Damn them to the ground :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Yes damn the police for doing their jobs and stopping you bunch of knobs making a nuisance of yourselfs. Damn them to the ground :rolleyes:
    We don't make a nuisance! They are always ages away from peoples houses and people go round picking up all the litter at the end. Most of the time when the police come they just say make sure it isn't too loud and then go away again.

ReputationRep:
    Just got this explanation:

"sorry bout last neet everyting went wrong.
    we found out last nite that there was another sound system doin a party in the spot that we were ment to use, and they had publicly advertised it on facebook so odviously the police were there waiting. we were gonna change the venue to some were else but the police were waitin in riot vans ready to shut a party down. we tryed our hardest to sort it out. trust me. there was **** all we could do.
    another thing. sorry if you were ringing the partyline, we were leaving messages on it thinking it was working, it was about 12 oclock before we realised that it didnt work.
    all in all were sorry and we will make it up to you"

ReputationRep:
    We don't make a nuisance! They are always ages away from peoples houses and people go round picking up all the litter at the end. Most of the time when the police come they just say make sure it isn't too loud and then go away again.
    Is it your land you are using?

ReputationRep:
    Is it your land you are using?
    It is public land I think, not owned by farmers or anything.

ReputationRep:
    It is public land I think, not owned by farmers or anything.
    But you don't know...just saying. Free parties are a ******* pain, sound travels you know.

ReputationRep:
    But you don't know...just saying. Free parties are a ******* pain, sound travels you know.
    I agree that if people are being disturbed it is out of order. The fact that there have been parties at all of the locations I've been to where they have gone on all night with no police showing up makes me think people can't hear, because otherwise they would have complained surely, and the police would have known what the problem was because they pretty much know all the places ppl have free parties.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that if people are being disturbed it is out of order. The fact that there have been parties at all of the locations I've been to where they have gone on all night with no police showing up makes me think people can't hear, because otherwise they would have complained surely, and the police would have known what the problem was because they pretty much know all the places ppl have free parties.
    Bit of a waste of police time having to deal with you though. All those resources..

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a waste of police time having to deal with you though. All those resources..
    Maybe, they usually only send a couple of cars though. They have more police knocking around outside nightclubs at kicking out time.

The police waste a lot of time on unimportant stuff deliberately. My brother was with a small group of friends one time hanging around on the street at about 11pm and they sent a riot van with loads of them. They then proceeded to get one of the kids for weeing in the street and took him home in the van, talking the whole time about where they were going for a curry afterwards.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.