Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so my eyebrows have never been fantastic but they've been annoying me more than ever so I thought I'd turn to TSR. Basically, one eyebrow is quite nice and normal but the other just isn't - the shape's fine and everything but the hairs in the (argh, don't know how to explain).. bit nearest the other eyebrow...(the thicker bit?) stick up instead of, like the other eyebrow, horizontally flowing into the rest of my eyebrow. As a result this eyebrow looks pretty **** so I was wondering of there was anything I could do to get it looking better. (Also, you'd think that the hairs would grow longer and fold down...but they don't seem to do so).

I've just re-read that and realise that it makes no sense but I really can't think of a (better) way of phrasing it. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Get them done professionally. Threading gives a nice shape and will sort out your problem most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem! What I do is cut the sticky-up bits to the length of the rest. I often pencil them in a little bit at the ends, as well. Rimmel do a good one.

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel mine are in a state and so sparse i feel like shaving them but need to let them grow. yeah go to a salon and get them threaded professionally- indian ones do them good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I have this problem! What I do is cut the sticky-up bits to the length of the rest. I often pencil them in a little bit at the ends, as well. Rimmel do a good one.
    Pretty much this. It's kind of annoying, but guess it's just the way the hair grows.

ReputationRep:
    I cut the tops of my eyebrows as well... they would be wild otherwise!

(Original post by FireDeuce)
    Get them done professionally. Threading gives a nice shape and will sort out your problem most likely.
    I 2nd this . . I got fed up with faffing about with mine myself so I thought meh threading will sort them out.

ReputationRep:
    grow them out
    and then goto an indian or arab salon, any ethnicy one, and get threading done.
    they'll shape it nicely for you.

dont pluck. i hate this over plucked look

ReputationRep:
    I have one eyebrow that does that, so I just brush it upwards, then snip off the tips that need it. Then brush it all back again and it should all lie flat like your other brow.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Someone said to me once that your eyebrows should be thought of as 'sisters' rather than 'twins', i.e. they are similar but no matter how hard you try they'll never be exactly the same. So there's not much you can do if the hair growth is different, but you can trim the ends of the hairs on the eyebrows that sticks up and then pencil in any gaps with an eyebrow pencil.

ReputationRep:
    Go get them waxed or threaded. Problem solved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I have one eyebrow that does that, so I just brush it upwards, then snip off the tips that need it. Then brush it all back again and it should all lie flat like your other brow.
    this:yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.