Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help think I'm the rebound girl! watch

ReputationRep:
    I started seeing this guy just over a month ago and everything was going really well almost too good to be true infact! Two weeks into seeing him I find out the catch, he has a really messed up phycho ex who wont leave him alone. He tells me they broke up two months earlier and he has completley moved on (they were only together for 5 months). So I except what he says.

I then had to go away on holiday for two weeks because I had already booked it before knowing him. He said he would wait for me and all the usual garb. Anyways I go away and suddenly he completeley changes his tune and I dont hear from him so I text him askin whether it was over and he tells me he still has feelings for his ex. So I completley cut off communication with him and start moving on.

I then start getting all these phonecalls and facebook messages from his ex threatening me. So i text him askin him to sort her out and he rings straight away all chatty and nice to me sayin if i ever need to talk to anyone he is there for me. When I get back from hol I text him thanking him for talkin to her cos the phone calls had stopped.

We then get inot this text chain and admit we miss eachother. We were both out at the time and pretty drunk! And decide its a good idea to meet up. He stayed over mine and told me that he was over her and wants me back bla bla. He wants to take me out tomo not sure I will hear from him though cos he hasnt text all night.

Just wanted to know peoples opinions! I guess I'm just waiting for someone to say I'm being really stupid and I should just let him go. I cant talk to my friends cos they will be way too mad at me for meeting him.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like he's using you. wait a while and then see if he's still interested

ReputationRep:
    He told you he still has feelings for his ex who is a bit of a psycho lol, this sounds like hard work to deal with, I would stay well clear and find some other nice guy who is less aggro. x

ReputationRep:
    This sounds all very confusing. I think him and his ex gf have issues tbh so I'd just try and forget about him to avoid all the drama.

ReputationRep:
    I know I should prob move on now and forget about him and I have been moving on since we broke up 3 weeks ago, I even stayed abroad an extra week. But now I'm back home and I'v seen him again all my feelings have come back. He reckons we could make it work if we take it slow but I'm too scared he will hurt me again. Its all a bit of a mess and I guess I kno I should let go but the thought of it really hurts me erg!

ReputationRep:
    leave him, youre better than that and better off without him, and worst thing is you have his ex on your case aswell, ive been there, if he really cared about you so much, he'd tell his ex to back off if he hasnt already and would be concentrating on you and only you.
    next thing you know theyre back together playing happy families and your left picking up peices of your broken heart...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.