The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 1
Yes there are interviews, but if you are from abroad I think you would do a phone interview.
It's hard to get in, when I applied I believe there were 1100 or so applicants for 60-70 places.
With the tutors, they are generally cool, it's a personal thing I believe, however I have found them to be nice and helpful people.
What do you mean by studying conditions? The facilities are great, however when it comes to editing in the first year have some communication with the other group using the same mac as you (2 groups per mac). The studio, of course, is epic.
Part time jobs are there to be had, however there are thousands of others looking for them too, if you moved in early and went job hunting you could probably find one.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Yeah, I've heard it's hard to get in, but recommendations should help, I think, shouldn't they? Not teachers' ones, but people's from the industry.

How are the interviews? I mean... Do you have to show your enthusiasm more or like.. what you know about the industry? I really have no idea what the interviews are like.

Thanks for the reply! :wink:
I'm starting the course this September and well the interview really wasnt that bad! All they really want to see, from what I got asked and such is that you do genuinely have an interest in the course and working in the media industry, that you've done things in the past to get experience etc and most importantly that you have lots of ideas for things you want to make and such. They are very relaxed though and it's much more focused on you talking about yourself with what you have already done and want to do. So I mean as long as you have made some films or videos etc and have got some experience then just focus on those points and just let your enthusiasm for the course and media shine through :-) Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
You need to show enthusiasm and demonstrate this with portfolio work. It could be anything. Films you have made, photos, art work, essays, scripts etc. You don't need to know all about the industry as you are taught this. Recommendations from people in the industry may help, but proving you have had work experience in the industry would be even better :smile:
Reply 5
Well, I have been working in the industry, but not officially (legally), since I'm not 18 yet.

Thanks for the answers :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending