Turn on thread page Beta

Why does the UK have 10x more swine flu cases than any other EU country? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    The fact that 10 times more people reported having swine flu does not mean that 10 times more people have it. I mean, honestly, have you met a single person with swine flu? Me neither.

:O Round my way, just about everyone seems to have tested positive for it...I know at least 3 people personally with it Perhaps Hampshire is just a particularly unhygenic area...

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    No, the UK IS more densely populated than most european countries.

But then surely the netherlands should be a sneezing wreck by now :unsure:
    Their population isn't nearly as high as ours (14 mill versus 60), so the potential number of cases in the UK is far greater.

ReputationRep:
    Our country is too bloody densely populated thanks to Labour and its open door at Dover.

ReputationRep:
    someone in my college have swine flu but to be honest I don't care... didn't even get a day off. LAME

ReputationRep:
    the USA have the most reported cases in the world, and more people travel between London and New York, than London and any other international city.... could be a cause no??

ReputationRep:
    Because we're pretty good damn SNEEZER'S !!

The figures are fake. Honestly, compare newspapers from the same dates and they all say different things.
    Plus, people who used the Flu Helpline probably abused it just to get Tamiflu - even though they don't have swine flu, but a "cough", yet they still record these figures.

I even remember watching BBC NEWS that the helpline was open to abuse - so the figures are false.

Has it actually been proved 100,000 people got it? No.

ReputationRep:
    They have stopped properly confirming cases (with lab tests ect). People can just go on the website a tick the right boxes, then they are added to the stats whether or not they really have any symptoms.

I currently have a cold/flu (not sure) but I know its not swine flu because im not bedridden etc. some people just have normal flu, colds, or nothing at all but are still getting "diagnosed" because they dont need anyone the confirm it.

If Tamiflu was perscription only the number of cases would go down because people would actually HAVE to have swine flu.

ReputationRep:
    Coz we iz well sik

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.