Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: question about makeup. watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same as you OP. Even my family don't see me without my makeup, because I really look terrible without it.

ReputationRep:
    if im not going out of the house.. none
    if i am then foundation, eyeliner and mascara.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    Hmmm.. then who do you have to show off your makeup'd face to if you're just staying home? That's kinda, silly. I wouldn't wear makeup at home.
    Oh I'm very aware how silly it is!! I wear makeup every day so it feel weird without it, my face feels naked. I wear makeup for myself more than anyone else, it makes me feel better about myself. It's not like I wear it for the benefir of other people so I suppose in that respect, it doesn't make a difference whether I'm at home or if I'm out.

You are right though- it is silly. I really do wish I could feel comfortable without makeup.

ReputationRep:
    None.

ReputationRep:
    I wear a full face every day (unless I'm just at home in my pyjamas or something).
    Most days it tends to be quite soft/neutral though - I don't do anything too dramatic for work.

ReputationRep:
    None if I'm just staying in the house/going somewhere unimportant like the local shop. When I'm properly going out I wear light foundation, mascara, eyeliner, concealer, blusher, eye shadow (sometimes) and lip balm (if it even counts as make-up).

ReputationRep:
    zilchhhh normallyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    Foundation, mascara and blusher. My face goes really red if i don't wear foundation, i wish i could go out without it though.

ReputationRep:
    Tinted moisturiser and mascara, blusher as well if I'm feeling a bit rough and eyeliner if I can find it (usually liquid).

ReputationRep:
    How many times is this friggin' asked.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up and if I do it's eye liner and if I'm adventurous it's mascara aswell but then m eye lashes fall out... and eye liner/mascaras is 1-3 times a year... or none at all

ReputationRep:
    Always concealer on any areas I have or have recently had spots and have left marks. Sometimes a light cover of foundation if it's a really bad skin time. Then depending on how I feel or what I'm doing I might have a little eyeliner and lip balm/gloss. Sometimes eyeshadow as well but it's a nude shade so not really obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Completely depends on what mode I'm in. If I'm in lazy 21st century girl mode then it can be nothing. If I'm in prim-and-proper vintage housewife mode then foundation, concealer, blusher, lipstick, lipliner, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, false eyelashes, maybe even a little curl with the eyelash curlers. On a day to day basis when I am being neither of the above and just being normal, it would be a bit concealer under the eyes, mascara, eyeliner and maybe some vaseline on my lips.

ReputationRep:
    None, or maybe some eyeliner but the eyeliner doesnt even work properly! I haven't grown up with this whole makeup thing and my friends are the same but I might just try it out a bit more...

One thing I had, foundation on the lips ugh!

ReputationRep:
    The full monty, apart from anything on the lips. I hate lipstick, gloss, balm etc.
    Foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer/blusher, eyeliner, mascara, neutral eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil ('cause I'm naturally fair haired).

I won't bother if I'm just hanging around the house, or seeing close friends and family.

ReputationRep:
    eyeliner and Mascara and thats it.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm not going out/not going to be seeing anyone except family then nothing. If I'm going out during the day then; foundation, blusher, mascara and lip balm. For nights out I'll add a bit of eyeliner and lipstick/gloss.

ReputationRep:
    Foundation, concealer, bronzer is the main thing for me. I wish I couldn't wear it, but my skin is crap, not in the spots sense but it's really sensitive and I get redness easily.

I wear light mascara and a bit of eyeliner, but apart from that don't bother much with anything else. On nights out though I'll add some eyeshadow and lip gloss.

ReputationRep:
    Primer, light brown eyeshadow, mascara & powder.
    Sometimes foundation if my skin is really bad.

ReputationRep:
    Anything from nothing up to Benefit's Dandelion face powder, blusher, concealer, eyeshadow/eyeliner, mascara, and gloss or balm of some kind.

For a night out I'll do a tinted moisturiser, concealer, powder, blusher, High Beam, eyeshadow with eyeliner, mascara and gloss.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.