Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When will these idiots learn that when you need help, turn to science not a fictional man up in the sky..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8180116.stm

ReputationRep:
    Can I have a link?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, hur hur hur hur hur hur hur. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Can I have a link?
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Indeed, hur hur hur hur hur hur hur. :holmes:
    the links up, sorry i thought i posted it............

ReputationRep:
    Prize facepalm.

ReputationRep:
    Could be seen as similar to Jehova's witness no blood transfusions.

ReputationRep:
    Infidel!

Surely, God only helps those who help themselves first...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Could be seen as similar to Jehova's witness no blood transfusions.
    not really, they're not refusing blood transfusions in the hope of being cured (maybe i'm wrong there) but this guy was praying in order to cure his daughter. If a jehovah's witness refuses a blood transplant fair enough, they are only playing with their own lives but this guy was playing with someone else's life, his daughters, and putting it all on a little fairy tale known as god

ReputationRep:
    I swear there was a Law & Order about this. Anyways, good on the jury. They were negligent. It sadly reminds me of that joke about the man in the flood waiting for God to provide.

ReputationRep:
    There is no substitute for decent medical care, relying on prayer alone is neglect and too damn right they should get a prison sentence for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    If a jehovah's witness refuses a blood transplant fair enough, they are only playing with their own lives but this guy was playing with someone else's life, his daughters, and putting it all on a little fairy tale known as god
    Sadly, Jehovah's Witnesses are put in the position to make the desicion for other people sometimes and people have died as a result when their lives could have easily been saved.

ReputationRep:
    They both deserved it.

And come on, faith is one thing, but killing your own daughter?

That speaks volums about any religious person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamcock)
    proof dat 'god' dnt exist!!!!
    lol why is there a very gay looking hong kong drama in your sig.

For the fourth time i think, "only in Amreeka"

ReputationRep:
    lol why is there a very gay looking hong kong drama in your sig.
    how is it gay?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamcock)
    how is it gay?!
    lol they all have stupid names for starters - burning flame 3 in this case
    they recycle actors over and over again - granted HK is a small place
    they have stupid story lines
    acting is bad

:p:

ReputationRep:
    lol. or maybe his daughter was into adultry, prostitution, drugs and murder, so Mr God thught she wasnt worthy, think bout that. =]
    but no, he's stupid, and people still believe that god will carry them through troubled times.

ReputationRep:
    It really is incredible that in this day and age there are still people whose mind has been bound by religion. It is a noose around the neck of free thought and progress.

ReputationRep:
    When will these idiots learn that when you need help, turn to science not a fictional man up in the sky..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8180116.stm
    Though of course, you have to add that little insult into your post. Some theists might agree you should turn to medicine as well if you hadn't realised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrPhil)
    Though of course, you have to add that little insult into your post. Some theists might agree you should turn to medicine as well if you hadn't realised.
    but i thought god was all powerful and knowing. If he can't help a man who's praying for his help - probably a devout christian if he's stupid enough to do so - then what can he do

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.