Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with it? watch

Anon or delete please.

Anyone else who experiences this:

How do you deal with the constant lump in your throat because all you can do is feel like crying? You've cried enough but the lump is still there and you could carry on and never stop.

What about the pain that manifests itself in your chest, heavy and aching?

What about the hurt which is so strong it paralyses you?

These feelings are only ever relatively temporary. But when I feel them they don't feel temporary. And they always come back anyway.

Sometimes I would rather not be here than have to feel this any more.

I've tried most anti-depressants and none of them work, and every talking therapy under the sun. I want to give up. I don't see the point any more.

Someone please help, I can't stop crying and I feel so alone. I'm desperate and just want a way out now. I've waited years to be free of this and I never am. I can't take it any more.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest Ibuprofen, good pain relief and apparently helps reduce swelling. Doesn't get much better than that really.

ReputationRep:
    I've been there and I still get relapses. When I do I just ride it out. I say keep trying with therapy and don't be afraid to change how you think and to try new things. I think a lot more positive than I used to which helps me when I have the odd relapse. What have you tried so far? The best way to think is that it won't be like this forever and that you can get out of this.

ReputationRep:
    Have you exhausted every possibility, im sure there are a few you havent tried? Not to sound insensitive but did you put some effort into therapies, they take some patient effort and are not just purely based on talking to a person and you will get better, they therapist gives you the ideas and you have to run with them. Maybe it is time you went back to the doctors, even if you have lost faith in them, they are the people you need to turn to as in reality there is little or nothing we can do on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_)
    I suggest Ibuprofen, good pain relief and apparently helps reduce swelling. Doesn't get much better than that really.
    Try an antihistamine too! It may be an allergic reaction. Or go out and do some sport or soemthing, exercise helps release dopamine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hectristic)
    Try an antihistamine too! It may be an allergic reaction. Or go out and do some sport or soemthing, exercise helps release dopamine
    I like the way you think good sir, have a sandwich:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...fridges416.jpg

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't feel despair, whenever I get feels of a lump rising in my throat and feel sad, all I do is watch things that make me laugh or think about the happier things in life. Life may be hard right now but stay strong, you will be happpy you did xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

Anyone else who experiences this:

How do you deal with the constant lump in your throat because all you can do is feel like crying? You've cried enough but the lump is still there and you could carry on and never stop.

What about the pain that manifests itself in your chest, heavy and aching?

What about the hurt which is so strong it paralyses you?

These feelings are only ever relatively temporary. But when I feel them they don't feel temporary. And they always come back anyway.

Sometimes I would rather not be here than have to feel this any more.

I've tried most anti-depressants and none of them work, and every talking therapy under the sun. I want to give up. I don't see the point any more.

Someone please help, I can't stop crying and I feel so alone. I'm desperate and just want a way out now. I've waited years to be free of this and I never am. I can't take it any more.
    what's wrong OP? i know how it feels to have depression and feel like you'll never be happy again, but i'm getting much better, i can crack a smile and a joke now, surely you want to feel that way again? have faith that things will get better, i know people seem condescending when they say that, but it's true. everything passes. you won't be unhappy forever and think that some day soon, you'll be yourself again, happy. nothing is worth feeling this low for. chin up, and smile even if you force yourself, endorphins are good for you, so maybe try a little exercise too?

ReputationRep:
    In those situations I usually take the healthy option turn the emotional pain into physical pain lol:nothing:.

ReputationRep:
    I try and find productive ways to change my thought processes.

Ringing up my friends and inviting them over so i'm not alone, putting on some loud but upbeat music, having a movie night. Just stuff to keep my mind off everything and get me doing stuff instead of sitting in the house alone in the dark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.