Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel sick and dizzy - should I make myself vomit? Quick I feel sick!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    should i make myself vomit, or is it best to leave it. I feel disorientated too
    and no i don't drink

ReputationRep:
    ok drink ice water, should help.
    rest your body and do some deep breathing.

ReputationRep:
    Drink some water.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been drinking?

Best to leave it and try and sleep, try and get to bed, and hopefully you will wake up okay.

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to start a thread whilst feeling dizzy and sick? Oh yh drink some water and lie down maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes being sick is the only answer - I went to the gym a few weeks ago in a bad mood and completely overdid it, felt really dizzy and sick but I tried really hard to stop it, eventually I gave in and let myself be ill and 5 mins later I felt fine again, it just had to come out.

You know your body better than us, do what you think is right, just don't make a habit of making yourself throw up.

ReputationRep:
    I always feel better after I've been sick. I'll shake for a couple of minutes after and feel grossed out but I always feel so much better. Just let yourself be sick. Don't force it, lean over the toilet and just let it come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Best to leave it and try and sleep, try and get to bed, and hopefully you will wake up okay.
    Don't do this if you're dizzy! Closing your eyes lying down will make you feel terrible. If I were in your position OP I would just try to sit still for a while, pour yourself a glass of water and take it easy. If you still feel sick and disorientated after 10 minutes or so I'd consider making yourself sick, you'll definitely feel better afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    bulemia isnt the answer, oh wait, yesd it is. go and grab the toothbrush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetsAndSugar)
    should i make myself vomit, or is it best to leave it. I feel disorientated too
    and no i don't drink
    Okay so you havent been drinking, have you had water recently, it may be a good idea to have some water, and some sugar, you may have low blood sugar, try and eat something and take in some fluids and you hopefully you may feel a little better.

ReputationRep:
    Have u had anything to eat which u normally dont have or which is full of artificial stuff?

ReputationRep:
    ok while i sympathise you need to learn to take these sort of simple decisions yourself in the future. listen to your body
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    have you had a blow to the head, if so it could be concusion.

Agreed on the water front; generally if you need to be sick, the consumption of anything will trigger it, and water is something you can keep sipping regularly. Vomiting is actually a pretty violent action for your body to perform, so unless it's going to happen naturally, I wouldn't force it.

ReputationRep:
    Sit up for a while and breathe deeply.
    Hopefully the feeling should pass...if your body really needs to be sick, it would be pretty hard to stop it anyways.
    Really hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    dont make your self sick. That is totaly revolting. If you need to be sick you will be! I always find that sucking on a mint helps nausea, and drinking luke warm water - not ice cold as extreames in temperature irritate the stomach more. As for dizzeyness I used to find (when I went through a phase of dizzy spells) that sitting down leaning on something and breathing deeply in through the nose and out of the mouth worked.
    hope you feel better soon

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.