Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah with me its catch 22, I open doors for people regardless of their gender or am polite to either gender, earlier tonight I was in a bar and the barman gave me £5 too much change and I told him and he was happy, not much to do with sexism but shows how polite and kind a person I am.

I do try and be a bit harsher these days as Im such a softie that people elbow me in queues for bar or push in front for train or bus queues but I have gotten to the point where I try and stand firm etc.

In the past it has annoyed me how random girls have come up to me and asked me to buy them and/or their entire group of friends drinks just because im a male and I have told them I cannot afford it and am told "your loss"

When I was a teenager I went through a very short stage of if I opened a door and someone was on other side to walk through then hold the door but my dad told me thats impolite.

Anyway im tipsy/drunk so cant be arsed writing much more till I recover.

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on the person holding the door. They could be sexist but just not sexist on that occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    Anyway im tipsy/drunk so cant be arsed writing much more till I recover.
    I agree with what you say. I think when girls do that it's just taking advantage of some guys better nature.

Get ye self off to bed and sleep it off =]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.