Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of some ebay business selling ideas that i could use to make money from ebay apart from selling clothes from my wardrobe.

ReputationRep:
    Well find something cheap and thats not already available on ebay, buy bulk and sell it abit more expensive. You could also sell it at cheaper prices then the competition. I cant tell you what products to sell because then i'd probably be doing it myself. - Most sucsessful ebay businesses buy straight from the manufacturer I think, so you need some contacts.

Or, buy cheap items and sell them for more.

Anyway, why not just go out and get a job?

ReputationRep:
    Buy stuff and don't pay for it, then resell it and take the money and don't send it.

But seriously, depends on how much you've got to spend really, just a case of looking for things with not much time left that are going for a low price, then selling them for more, maybe not on Ebay if you're sure you can sell it for more than you payed for it. Might sometimes be something that's been listed misspelled or something, so not many people look at it because it doesn't come up in searches, and therefore don't bid on it. I know it's simple stuff but I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    I hear there's opium (large quantities of poppies) trading on eBay. You can have all the fun/profit/long-term guilt of being in the drugs trade without having to leave your house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krisjustreadin)
    Well find something cheap and thats not already available on ebay, buy bulk and sell it abit more expensive. You could also sell it at cheaper prices then the competition. I cant tell you what products to sell because then i'd probably be doing it myself. - Most sucsessful ebay businesses buy straight from the manufacturer I think, so you need some contacts.

Trust me I've been looking for one but the idea of self employment just came into my head.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, but the ebay scene is hard to penetrate as its been oversaturated by Hong Kongers.

If you have the know-how, start your own e-commerce business selling t-shirts or something. I know people who've actualy done quite well with t-shirts and website designs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krisjustreadin)

Actually, most successful ebay businesses buy from wholesalers/Very occasionally distributors, manufacturers would make you order a decent sized shipping container's worth.

(Original post by sron)
    I hear there's opium (large quantities of poppies) trading on eBay. You can have all the fun/profit/long-term guilt of being in the drugs trade without having to leave your house.
    Lol :p:

I think that's a bit of a dodgy thing legally, I don't think anyone's totally sure whether it's legal :p:

And in answer to your question, OP, yes, I do have plenty of ideas, but I'm not giving them to you, as it would make me go out of business on ebay. Do your own research, no one who's actually selling currently and knows what sells is gonna tell you the magic formula.

Also, to the above poster, the ebay scene isn't hard to penetrate. You just have to beat the hong kongers. Either dropship from hong kong/china, or buy in bulk and charge a premium for UK stock. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Check every 20p to see if it's got a date on it (like other coins do). If it doesn't, you've got yourself about £100 there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.