Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cantonese Vs Mandarin (Chinese languages) Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Chinese language is better?
    Cantonese
    53.85%
    Mandarin
    46.15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I meant that I'm not quite sure whether 6'2" is perfect or not, but thanks for the compliment nonetheless. :p:

Yeah, both my parents are of Cantonese origin. Judging by the looks I get in HK, I'm not sure whether I'm the envy or hate of the male population there. :p: How tall are you, out of interest?
    oh, i understood what you were saying. when i wrote "hmm, i don't understand...", i meant i couldn't see why you would feel uncertainty about being 6'2 was perfect. and it's not a compliment but my opinion, ha~

to answer your question, i'm around 5'9 with perfect body proportion~ :awesome: hahah.

i wish i could grow higher to around 5'11 to be able to enter modelling industry but i won't grow anymore and it seems as time passing by, my height is becoming shorter because i just measured it again and it showed 5'8 1/2. ****.:rolleyes:

i hope to be tall because it would look really good. when i was in high school, i guess i was around 5'7?..i really admire those models who look so coooooooollllllllll while walking on the t-stage so i always wore heels at high school, which, however, hurt my feet so i no longer wear them since i got into university....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 薇薇公主)
    oh, i understood what you were saying. when i wrote "hmm, i don't understand...", i meant i couldn't see why you would feel uncertainty about being 6'2 was perfect. and it's not a compliment but my opinion, ha~

to answer your question, i'm around 5'9 with perfect body proportion~ :awesome: hahah.

i wish i could grow higher to around 5'11 to be able to enter modelling industry but i won't grow anymore and it seems as time passing by, my height is becoming shorter because i just measured it again and it showed 5'8 1/2. ****.:rolleyes:

i hope to be tall because it would look really good. when i was in high school, i guess i was around 5'7?..i really admire those models who look so coooooooollllllllll while walking on the t-stage so i always wore heels at high school, which, however, hurt my feet so i no longer wear them since i got into university....
    Ah, I see where you're coming from. I guess it's because I don't really see height as anything special since a lot of the male population in the UK is around 6' or thereabouts. But seeing as you're 5'9" yourself, I can why you say 6'2" is perfect - obviously because you can wear heels when walking alongside somebody of that height. :p: If your feet didn't hurt, that is.

There are loads of those popstar/model/actor type women in China/HK, they don't look 5'11"

Which uni do you go to and what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 薇薇公主)
    aren't you? :p:

( gravity, release me. don't ever hold me down. and now my feet won't touch the ground~~~^O^~~~ )
    No I'm not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.